Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, really sorry to hear that

hope you get the one you want asap, use it to keep the positive memories fresh everyday
life is too short, focus on the really important things in life
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Razorback Bill, I do pray that your new Bronco will somehow give you comfort, and bring you good memories of your son. In no way can I imagine your loss. But, as long as he is in your heart be happy in the fact that Conner will be riding with you everywhere you go.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So some of you know my story and the reason for getting the Bronco. I just wanted to thank each of you (even the ones that have backed out for one reason or another). This group has given me purpose and afforded me an opportunity to keep my mind busy on other things vs the loss of our son. for those that don't know, we lost our son in June at the age of 21 to depression. He had been waiting for the Bronco to be released for some time since his Great Dane had outgrown his car by the time she was 1. He borrowed our Tahoe constantly to take her to the dog park during covid. He would have loved the Bronco. We didn't know what to do with his car that had just sat our front for a month until Ford opened reservations...then I knew what to do. Put down a reservation in the wee hours of 7/14 a month to the day we lost him.

This Bronco will be a project for Connor and me. Everything I do will be by my hands with him by my side. (I've got a lot of tools to order) I know nothing about off-roading, modifications, etc. I'm slowly learning and you guys have been a tremendous help. This is also as mentioned above, a sacred Bronco. It will be used extensively across the country and passed down to our daughter and beyond. I hope it never leaves the family as it's so representative of Connor. I hope to run into many of you on the trails as the years go by. Thank you for the friendship, the expertise, and of course some of the laughs. Hope every gets the Bronco they want!
God bless - I hope you find joy in the journey. Thank you for sharing it with us.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bill, thank you for your willingness to share with this community. As others have stated, I'm deeply saddened by your loss. It is definitely true that a vehicle is more than just the sum of its parts. It's a place where we spend an enormous amount of our time with our families, so the vehicles we drive tend to hold a very special place in our hearts and foster lasting precious memories with our loved ones. When you get your Bronco, enjoy it with your family to the fullest and I pray it reminds you of the love you have for your son every time you guys hop in. I hope I speak for everyone here when I say, "We love ya buddy and never be afraid to reach out if you need to talk!" Peace, brother!

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, I apologize for inserting something that might take away from @Razorback and what he & his family is going through.....

When I'm attempting to describe how the loss of a child feels (to me) to another parent who hasn't loss a child, I describe it like this.....

I ask them to think about all of the times when their child accomplished something in which made them (parent) proud of their child. The child's 1st "A", making the team, earning 1st chair in the school band, even the ability to say correctly the ABC's.....

All of those things caused you joy, right?

Now, imagine if you can, those memories causing you sadness......

Seeing or hearing anything that your child liked also brings up these same feelings as well for several parents.

But.... as they say..... This too shall pass.... and... Time heals all.. (somewhat)

Now.... usually somewhere around the 10 year mark (give or take)... all of those thing that I mentioned earlier will start to shift back to bring you joy.

So... yes... Time does effect things. It (for me) will never lessen the heart brake, but you just learn to live with it.

In closing, during my son's funeral, I heard the words "I'm sorry" so many times, that I will no longer say it to another parent who has recently lost a child. I will say "You're in my thoughts & prayers..." as there are truly no words that someone can say to a parent, none.

For me, it has been....... 16 years since the loss of my son. I still struggle from time to time over this, but less often, so @Razorback , you and your family, along with the friends of your son are in my Thoughts & Prayers.

Again, I apologize for inserting something that might take away from @Razorback and what he & his family is going through.....

edited to correct OP's name....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Again, I apologize for inserting something that might take away from @Rubisquatch and what he & his family is going through.....

When I'm attempting to describe how the loss of a child feels (to me) to another parent who hasn't loss a child, I describe it like this.....

I ask them to think about all of the times when their child accomplished something in which made them (parent) proud of their child. The child's 1st "A", making the team, earning 1st chair in the school band, even the ability to say correctly the ABC's.....

All of those things caused you joy, right?

Now, imagine if you can, those memories causing you sadness......

Seeing or hearing anything that your child liked also brings up these same feelings as well for several parents.

But.... as they say..... This too shall pass.... and... Time heals all.. (somewhat)

Now.... usually somewhere around the 10 year mark (give or take)... all of those thing that I mentioned earlier will start to shift back to bring you joy.

So... yes... Time does effect things. It (for me) will never lessen the heart brake, but you just learn to live with it.

In closing, during my son's funeral, I heard the words "I'm sorry" so many times, that I will no longer say it to another parent who has recently lost a child. I will say "You're in my thoughts & prayers..." as there are truly no words that someone can say to a parent, none.

For me, it has been....... 16 years since the loss of my son. I still struggle from time to time over this, but less often, so @Rubisquatch, you and your family, along with the friends of your son are in my Thoughts & Prayers.

Again, I apologize for inserting something that might take away from @Rubisquatch and what he & his family is going through.....
Thanks for the thoughts and this is a horrible thing to go though, for anyone, and depression and suicide has impacted my family but the OP is @Razorback so I think you meant to type his name.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have edited my post and thanks for pointing this out!!!!!!!!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry for your loss. Riveting story. Please do a thread on your project. I’d love to follow along.
Sponsored