Sponsored

Any 2 door owners who have gone soft top?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am looking at the Bestop soft top for the Bronco 2 DR, but wanted to see if anybody here had installed one, and used it? If so, did you like it? Was the rear accessible with the top and was the road noise alright?

Just trying to gauge the product prior to purchase.

Also, if there is a 2 door soft top option I have missed, I am open to that as well.

https://www.bestop.com/products/trektop-21-22-bronco/
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could chime in with experience, but my Bestop Trektop is still in the boxes waiting for a nice warm day to install (recommended). I am not aware of another solution yet.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one but haven't installed it yet. Waiting on a little warmer weather. The install video from Bestop will be very helpful.

I know of at least 2 users who have installed the Trektop on 2 doors. I'll tag them to see if they respond (hope they don't mind!). @69BroncoX302 @The Beaz

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here. Mine arrived and hope to install this weekend. Hoping it was a good purchase. 🤞

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have one but haven't installed it yet. Waiting on a little warmer weather. The install video from Bestop will be very helpful.

I know of at least 2 users who have installed the Trektop on 2 doors. I'll tag them to see if they respond (hope they don't mind!). @69BroncoX302 @The Beaz

Same here. Mine arrived and hope to install this weekend. Hoping it was a good purchase. 🤞

Do you guys mind posting when you get them installed? Thanks

Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish I could chime in with experience, but my Bestop Trektop is still in the boxes waiting for a nice warm day to install (recommended). I am not aware of another solution yet.
I installed mine when it was about 50 degrees, unheated garage. All of the install went easy, the most difficult part was installing the side windows. Keep those warm up to the point you install them and you should be fine, unless it is super cold where you are.😂

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will definitely post once installed.

both the members I tagged above sorta comment on the tops in one thread, FYI -
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/any-2dr-bestop-owners-looking-for-feedback.31406/
There is also this tread, answers a lot of the general questions:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...p-w-the-bestop-trektop-twill-yet.30070/page-3

And Bestop posted their install video, hand to watch prior to install. For me the toughest part was the drivers side rear bracket at minute 11....getting that panel to open was a pain.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...p-w-the-bestop-trektop-twill-yet.30070/page-3

I've had mine on since just before Christmas, no complains, and absolutely love it!.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m interested in a full soft top or a sunrider top, following this thread.

Last edited:

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder what a 2 door complete hardtop would go for? Probably enough for a soft top and walk away with a couple Gs.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder what a 2 door complete hardtop would go for? Probably enough for a soft top and walk away with a couple Gs.
If it were a 4-door hard top, i'd probably agree. But since the 2-doors only come with hard tops, your only market might be a 2dr owner that trashed theirs already and if you're in the same local market. I did see the 2dr front pieces sell recently for $600 though on FB marketplace, so I guess someone needs parts.

I'm debating on the trektop too. I really wish Bestop had a '"Glide" (Jeep) version that folded down fully. I'm not sure I'll like the partially-opened one yet? I've got a Rampage version on my 74 that folds fully down that I like.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am looking at the Bestop soft top for the Bronco 2 DR, but wanted to see if anybody here had installed one, and used it? If so, did you like it? Was the rear accessible with the top and was the road noise alright?

Just trying to gauge the product prior to purchase.

Also, if there is a 2 door soft top option I have missed, I am open to that as well.

https://www.bestop.com/products/trektop-21-22-bronco/
Love it, it was easy to install and my wife can actually hear me on the freeway while one the phone over the hardtop.

PJAnnon

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks, 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you go back to the hard top say for the winter? It looks like quite a bit of hardware to disasemble...

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I hesitate. I think once you switch to soft top you have to accept that it’s permanent.
Sponsored