Sponsored

Any 2 vs 4 door SAS driving comparisons?

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone had a chance to drive both a 2 door and 4 door with sas? Was just curious to get some feedback on your experiences any differences in driving characteristics you may have noticed in them. Your input is appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had a chance to drive both a 2 door and 4 door with sas? Was just curious to get some feedback on your experiences any differences in driving characteristics you may have noticed in them. Your input is appreciated!
I'm guessing you get a lot longer stares driving the 2dr...

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I drove both the 2 door and the 4 door at the TX Off Roadeo. In my opinion they drove the same with the exception that you had to be more aware of angles in the 4 door.

Both were SAS and handled everything equally well. As you might expect, the 2 door felt a little more nimble ( which helped in certain situations) and the 4 door felt a little more planted on hills.

2 door was a WT and4 door was a BL.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am wanting to do the same. In the Jeep world the 2dr on road manners are not as good as the 4dr. The 4dr's longer wheelbase makes for a better ride. Curious to see if the Bronco is similar between the 2dr & 4dr.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would add that the ride feel in a Bronco is similar to a F150..
Interesting comment

That's exactly what I DONT want. I test drove an f150 last winter and hated the feeling just as I thought I would. Not a truck guy

Then last weekend I test drove a Bronco 2.7 without SAS. It did not feel like an f150 though.

Is your comment exclusive to a Bronco with SAS wheels? (Which I've not test drove yet)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I test rode in a two 2-door Wildtrack (has Sas). In the back seat (basically sitting over the rear axle), where you'd expect any harsh ride to particularly show itself. I was impressed with the ride. For a 4x4.

The Bronco handling is no match for a purpose designed pavement vehicle. That's something people need to keep in mind, if buying exclusively for pavement, it's not really the tool for that usage. But it's a heck of a nice all around 4x4 for top down and combined pavement and off-road usage.

4-door should provide a better ride due to occupants being further away from the axles, and each axle encountering road issues further apart.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting comment

That's exactly what I DONT want. I test drove an f150 last winter and hated the feeling just as I thought I would. Not a truck guy

Then last weekend I test drove a Bronco 2.7 without SAS. It did not feel like an f150 though.

Is your comment exclusive to a Bronco with SAS wheels? (Which I've not test drove yet)
Yes, it’s exclusive to the SAS. I have heard others who have driven both sas and non -sas, that the sas is actually a smoother ride, like an F150.

I have only driven the sas, and it is similar to the F150 feel.

Sponsored

aherried

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drove both 2dr and 4dr SAS, the 2dr certainly feels more rigid than the 4dr for obvious reasons. As another commenter discussed, angles are the biggest issue. When approaching obstacles, the 4dr can get hung up due to a design flaw of a support protruding down.

freebob

Base
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2dr and 4 door.I.. like the looks of a 2dr and it has a lot shorter turn radius..The 4door has a lot smoother ride and a lot more room..
Sponsored