Sponsored

Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue?

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checking to see if any 2023 Bronco owners are experiencing the window rattle issue that affects some 2021 and 2022 Broncos (SSM 50711). This is the issue where the window rattles while driving over bumps with the window in the partially down position. I have tried adjusting it a number of times and the best I can do is make it a little better. It still rattles quite a bit over even very minor roadway imperfections.

I guess I am kind of hoping that Ford has worked out the issue for 2023 and I can have my dealer do some research and see what has changed so they can fix my rattling window.
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I though this was a "feature not a bug" thing we all had. I've just learned to live with it - I don't think there is an easy fix.

Tatteredroads

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the same issue but mine rattles even in the up position. Dealerships telling me they don’t know what to do, I’ve heard the real fix is getting them to replace the window regulator.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue but mine rattles even in the up position. Dealerships telling me they don’t know what to do, I’ve heard the real fix is getting them to replace the window regulator.
Did the dealer do the TSB on your window? The adjustment should put more pressure on the glass to rubber seal so it does not rattle.

Tatteredroads

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They did the adjustment, it helped a little bit but definitely didn’t fix the issue.

Sponsored

STEED77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp.. 22 SAS here... yep.. passenger front. I know the dealer will say the same... I have tried the adjustment with very little improvement.
So far..
Killmat the door and door card
wrap the cables between the door and door card with foam
tightened all the door trim and regulator mounting points

I think it's one of the cables inside the door hitting something... Its only 1 door that is doing it.

This seemed like an easy fix... but its not.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't had much of a chance to even roll my windows down since I picked up my Bronco (crap weather) But I noticed that when the windows are partially down they would rattle.

I just figured that was par for the course and you have a frameless window because there's nothing to support it. Now that I know there's a bulletin for it, we'll have to see if it bugs me enough to have someone to screw around with something that otherwise works perfect.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just checking to see if any 2023 Bronco owners are experiencing the window rattle issue that affects some 2021 and 2022 Broncos (SSM 50711). This is the issue where the window rattles while driving over bumps with the window in the partially down position. I have tried adjusting it a number of times and the best I can do is make it a little better. It still rattles quite a bit over even very minor roadway imperfections.

I guess I am kind of hoping that Ford has worked out the issue for 2023 and I can have my dealer do some research and see what has changed so they can fix my rattling window.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Layman

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I do appreciate all of the above responses, I am specifically looking for input from 2023 owners. I do not see any replies from the owners of 2023 Broncos.

So what say you B6G??? Any 2023 Bronco owners have the window rattle? Or has Ford quietly fixed this issue and I need to do some research on what the fix was?

Sponsored

youloze

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I do appreciate all of the above responses, I am specifically looking for input from 2023 owners. I do not see any replies from the owners of 2023 Broncos.

So what say you B6G??? Any 2023 Bronco owners have the window rattle? Or has Ford quietly fixed this issue and I need to do some research on what the fix was?
I have a 23 Black Diamond and my windows also rattle when partially open. I figured it was inherent of a frameless door design.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 23 Black Diamond and my windows also rattle when partially open. I figured it was inherent of a frameless door design.
Nope. Its inherent of a shit design and poor quality control. I had to fix mine after the dealer "tried".

youloze

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. Its inherent of a shit design and poor quality control. I had to fix mine after the dealer "tried".
Well that's no good. Mind sharing what you did to fix?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well that's no good. Mind sharing what you did to fix?
There are a few different TSB/SSM for the windows. The other issue I was having was the window catching on weatherstripping and shaking when opening door. I fixed them both at same time, took a few tries to get it acceptable. The workshop manual for both issues is attached.

SSM 50711

SSM 50711 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO

Attachments

youloze

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a few different TSB/SSM for the windows. The other issue I was having was the window catching on weatherstripping and shaking when opening door. I fixed them both at same time, took a few tries to get it acceptable. The workshop manual for both issues is attached.

SSM 50711

SSM 50711 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO
Thank you! I'll give it a look.
Sponsored