Sponsored

Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue?

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes, my 23 will have this rattle over hard bumps or uneven terrain if does not have enough contact on the front guide section. It is gone when fully rolled up or down. These are pretty much like jeep half-doors. Those you had to add as an option from the factory and the option is soft uppers for a window. I will take a glass rattle any day over a soft upper.

Looking at this from a design perspective, Ford would have to re-engineer the entire door or a new mechanism with stronger clamping force. I am in the same boat as people who say it is a feature or known limitation. Maybe they develop a fix but I think it might be a performance part they will sell. For example, Ford Performance single /DUAL catch cans for 2.3 and 2.7 motors. You don't need a catch based on the design says Ford but why not It will improve...... See where I am going here. My 2 cents here.
Sponsored

Rezkue1

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren’t going to issue a recall because of a noise.
If you have a problem with the window going up or down, that is a completely unrelated concern to the current SSM about a rattle over bumps.
I do have the rattle, I have multiple issues, the rattle in both front windows is what I have been going in for multiple times, and what I reported to Ford Motor Company who told me to report it to NHTSA.