Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok I broke down and bought the full bestop roof.
Ford Bronco Any 2dr Bestop owners? Looking for feedback 01CB67A3-3C59-4A24-B1F0-E518A60BE22C

two VERY HEAVY boxes arrived yesterday for my two door. Now, to remove the roof rack, find a place to store my MIC, and get cracking. I ordered twill. Should be good for FL gulf coast.
Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok I broke down and bought the full bestop roof.
Ford Bronco Any 2dr Bestop owners? Looking for feedback 01CB67A3-3C59-4A24-B1F0-E518A60BE22C

two VERY HEAVY boxes arrived yesterday for my two door. Now, to remove the roof rack, find a place to store my MIC, and get cracking. I ordered twill. Should be good for FL gulf coast.
You are gonna LOVE it!! Mine has been fantastic so far! Heavy rain, crazy blizzard, 85mph on the freeway, its great in all of them. the trickiest par of the install was the rear corner brackets, you have to pry open the panel in the cargo area, my panel never did re-seat itself, but not a big deal.

PXL_20211222_184004045.jpg

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are gonna LOVE it!! Mine has been fantastic so far! Heavy rain, crazy blizzard, 85mph on the freeway, its great in all of them. the trickiest par of the install was the rear corner brackets, you have to pry open the panel in the cargo area, my panel never did re-seat itself, but not a big deal.

Ford Bronco Any 2dr Bestop owners? Looking for feedback PXL_20211222_184004045
Ok I might be im’ing you for corner bracket advice

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Any 2dr Bestop owners? Looking for feedback PXL_20211222_184004045
Nice bronco BTW

Sponsored

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too bad there will be no second hand market for two door MICs. The soft top is probably the way I would have gone from the factory anyhow.

Any feedback on wind noise with the top folded back on top of the bar versus just naked with nothing? I upgraded to BD specifically for the MGV in case I wanted to run naked and not worry about a rain on carpets/cloth. I don’t mind if I get wet as much.

johnjmcc

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW's and Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just installed my Trektop Saturday. A bit more time consuming than I expected, lots of hardware (not good for easily switching back to MIC top in the winter) but install video was very helpful. Most bolts are torx, and I have torx sockets, but one set of bolts are hex (5mm?) instead of torx. Get a good hex socket for those. My little allen wrench didn't cut it. The paint on the bolts and hardware makes some bolts tough to get started/spin. A little WD-40 helped.

Very happy with fit and look. Tight, no droopy windows. But that tightness comes with a price. My daughter (the Bronco is her's) will have to build muscles to re-attach side and rear panels if she ever wants to take them off. Hopefully the fabric on the panels will stretch out a bit over time. I also didn't understand that the rear window isn't easy to lift up. Makes access to the rear a pain. Others have commented on that.

But my BIG problem is flapping, noisy roof and rear panels on the highway. Anything over 50mph. LOUD!! That said, I don't get the impression flapping panels is a common problem or more people would be complaining (I cant believe people wouldn't be...mine is terrible!) Note in the picture that my Bronco has a light bar on the top of the windshield. I'm 95% certain that is my problem. I complained previously on this forum about that light bar's whistle noise when the MIC top was on the Bronco. But I fixed that issue by blocking the wind going under the bar. We were very happy. But now I think the light bar disturbs the airflow going over the bar (and hence over the soft top itself) so much that it causes flapping / shuddering of the roof and rear window. UGH. Now I have to come up with a solution for that or take the darn light bar off. Another weekend project. Its always something!! o_O

Trektop.jpg

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered mine today. SWEET military discount too

johnjmcc

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW's and Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
An update so no one is concerned about flapping and Besttop....I took off the light bar and now the top is super quiet. No flapping. The lightbar might have been ok if the brackets that came with mine raised up the bar several inches. Ford performance's light bar comes with special brackets for soft top installation that do just that. But mine didn't and I grew tired of screwing with it so I just took it off. $280 for the light bar down the drain, but the top is great!

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just installed Mine but getting a lot of wind noise from above sun visors but don’t feel any air leaks…has Anyone had this issue and were u able to come up with a fix?
Sponsored