Sponsored

Any advice for driving 12ish hours solo?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Long story short, going to Jeep beach but leaving a day earlier than planned as my buddy from SoCar is joining us, so Im picking him up. Figure Id leave around 4-5am, then other than gas and food, should be there by the evening.

Never did 12hrs though, longest was 8-10 and it was with my ex, though she was either sleeping or being quiet.

Any tips and pointers from those who’ve done it before, as I essentially over 2 months to prepare? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nap the day prior, travel at night when there's 1/10th of the traffic, chewing on ice helps keep a guy awake. If you don't like traveling at night due to sleepiness then disregard lol. Safe travels.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily you have Badlands, so you won't have to stop to urinate!

* Pull the plug BEFORE you leave.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BE prepared to stop at a hotel or rest stop if you get tired. I've done Pittsburgh to Clearwater (or vice versa) many times in one shot, google says its 16 hours but it really took more like 18-20 with stops and such. But that was in my younger years, I'm not sure I would attempt these days. However, even in my younger years, I had times where I got tired and would stop to rest. No real rhyme or reason, sometimes I could drive straight through, others I would nap at a rest stop until the cold woke me, then drive to the next rest stop and repeat.

The bottom line is to be aware if you get tired, and stop to rest immediately when it happens.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly if it was me, I'd plan a pitstop every 3-4 hours - especially since I'm 2 door and would need to gas up every 250-300 miles anyway. You've got plenty of time to plan the route and stops, make it interesting.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Long story short, going to Jeep beach but leaving a day earlier than planned as my buddy from SoCar is joining us, so Im picking him up. Figure Id leave around 4-5am, then other than gas and food, should be there by the evening.

Never did 12hrs though, longest was 8-10 and it was with my ex, though she was either sleeping or being quiet.

Any tips and pointers from those who’ve done it before, as I essentially over 2 months to prepare? Thanks in advance
Podcasts help kill the time. Joey Diaz is pretty funny. Cruise Controll or if LUX adaptive Cruise is a blessing. Have a good trip.

Sponsored

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get a GoPro or equivalent set up before you depart. never know what you wish you had footage of, or what it catches that you don't see.

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully red bull works, I drink black coffee all day solely for the taste, so caffeine hardly affects me
Sponsored