Sponsored

Any Aftermarket 17x8 55mm Offset wheels?

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordering a BL when MY22 opens up. I don't care for any of the wheel options except for the SAS wheels however I would never use the capability of a SAS so don't feel it smart to spend that extra $$ just because I like the wheels. I also like the flush look and don't want any "poke." I've searched the forum and the internet but could not find any aftermarket wheels with those specs. Anyone know of a manufacture that has that size? I guess worst case I have to go with 17x8.5 with a +30 or +35 offset and purchase SAS fender flares or maybe some Ranger wheels. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mostly NO at +55.
youll find some in the +35 to +30 but it will really open up in the +25 to +20 range.

Badlands wheels, a few Ranger wheels are decent AND also, look at the Ranger Raptor wheels at +55. They are pretty dark, not sure what you're looking for.

Ranger Raptor wheels : https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...Z6jzjUVB9wce9otYq-MDj9Bsq7sdHc-QaAmL9EALw_wcB

Silver Ranger wheels : https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-size-tires-ford-ranger-wheels-no-lift.20733/

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/store/wheels
These guys seem to have the best drill down search function. Just keep in mind, if you enter +30 as the desired offset, it will reurn wheels that are +/- 10 mm from that. So you will see wheels that are from +20 to +40.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you’re thought process is correct. In my after market wheel/tire research I don’t recall an offset greater than +30mm.

I’ve played with this tire calculator a bit and it’s helpful. Ive ordered a +12 with 295/70 for non SAS OBX. But I like a little poke on stance.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

The difference between +55 & +30 is less than a third of an inch on offset. Obviously the wheel width and tire specs can change poke which is why I think the calculator is helpful b/c you can add tire and get the specific numbers(poke, height, width) from stock. Good luck.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get some sasquatch wheel take offs. I'm sure there will be out there. Like mine when I get mine.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@HoosierDaddy - I know you've studied the Ranger Raptor wheels that you've linked to above (I'm not stalking you, but I am stalking the rims...!). I am getting ready to buy a set right now and plan to run 285/70/17's.

I've seen the tires that someone says are 315's mounted in this thread ( I can't read the size on the tire, so I'm not positive) but I know they mentioned there is some rubbing. Assume it's due to height of the 315's (if that's what they are):
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...he-new-amb-2-door-ranger-raptor-wheels.17359/

For some reason, I am wondering if the +55 (I know the factory OBX wheels are +55 on 7.5" wheel) offset coupled with the 8.5" rim and the 285 tires will cause issues without a lift on an OBX. Maybe too close to the upper control arm? I've read the control arm post which says 33x11 will be fine, but I couldn't tell if that is assuming 8" wheel width and whether or not the 8.5" width will affect.

Trying to make sure the 8.5" rims width and the 285 won't cause issues. No extreme off roading planned.

What is your opinion?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good catch!! I guess I never stopped to notice that the Badlands standard wheeI is 8", while the Raptor wheel is 8.5".

I "knew", I just never made the connection.
This whole time I locked into the idea that this was basically the exact Badlands set up.

It isn't, the wheel will be 1/4" further in/out on each side than the Badlands standard wheel.
I do not believe there will be an issue there, but I really want to look at that some more to be sure.
Seat of my pants ..... the Ranger seems to have tighter clearances than the Bronco, so if it fits there, it should fit "better" on the Bronco.

The tire will sit in the same space as it would on an 8" wheel with 55mm offset.
I do not believe there would be an issue there either. The 8.5" wheel has very little effect on that.
As far as the tire is concerned, on either wheel, it rides in the exact same space within the wheel well. It is the Badlands set up as far as the tire is concerned.

Have you been to Tiresize.com and played around with their wheel offset calculator?
You can input the different values and it will display a GREAT graphic and the values , comparing the two different fitments.
It really helps with gaining an understanding of what is happening there.

Interesting thing to note here, it does NOT ask what the wheel width is.

When everything is based off of centerlines and mounting surfaces, the width of the wheel is of little concern.
The width of the tire and it's centerline is of far more importance in this situation, with this calculator.

I understand it this way ...

wheel width and backspacing info is for making sure the wheel itself clears steering/suspension components.
-------------------------
Offset info helps determine where the tire will sit in the wheel opening on the car. Will it be further in??? ... or further out? compared to another set up.

The factory wheels on the 6G have up to 6.67" of backspace. (Badlands standard)
The Raptor wheel is 6.99"
----------------
C&P from another post:

As computed by Tiresize.com backspace/offset calculator.

16 x 7 = +55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace
(Base)

17 & 18 x 7.5 = +55mm = 6.42" backspace
(BB, BD & OBX)

17 x 8 = +55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)

17 x 8.5 = +30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)

93.1 center bore
6 x 5.5 (6 x 139.7) bolt pattern

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See, I knew you were the one to ask! Thank you very much.

I actually went to willtheyfit.com and inputted the data for stock OBX and the Raptor wheels. I assume they give the same info as tiresize.com, but I'll likely check it out anyway. I just wish there was an app that has actual data for suspension components.

I'm trying to learn. I have a basic grasp I suppose, after all the studying I've been doing lately.

I'm pretty sure it'll fit. And the wife really likes these wheels too, so I think I'm buying them soon.

OP
OP
drewski

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
See, I knew you were the one to ask! Thank you very much.

I actually went to willtheyfit.com and inputted the data for stock OBX and the Raptor wheels. I assume they give the same info as tiresize.com, but I'll likely check it out anyway. I just wish there was an app that has actual data for suspension components.

I'm trying to learn. I have a basic grasp I suppose, after all the studying I've been doing lately.

I'm pretty sure it'll fit. And the wife really likes these wheels too, so I think I'm buying them soon.
I really am digging those wheels too. If you get em pls post and lemme know how they fit. My Bronco is a ways off yet. lol

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just spend $995 up front and get the Optional wheels on your Badlands.
They are 17x8" and look similar to the SAS wheels.

YnkhSIf.jpg

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not +55, but I’m looking at:
-MR70317 X8.5 6-139.70 35 GYGLXX -they have a gloss titanium coming soon at Discount Tire
There are a few other aftermarkets that I was looking at, that ranged from 12-25. I think those ranger options that Hoosier posted would look great, but the +35 is attractive in the off-chance that I want to go to 34-35’s someday.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The difference between +55 & +30 is less than a third of an inch on offset.
One of us is wildly wrong here, so I'm wondering if you can back that up. To my knowledge offset is measured in mm, and 25 mm is almost a full inch.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of us is wildly wrong here, so I'm wondering if you can back that up. To my knowledge offset is measured in mm, and 25 mm is almost a full inch.
You’re 100% correct. Not sure what I was thinking there. Maybe calculation/poke estimation over load. 😬

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct. I'm going from the SAS +30 offset to a 0 offset 17x8.5 and I'm going to poke something like 1.18 inches further out

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This build shared is the exact offset with OBX non SAS I was trying to imagine. Somewhere along way convinced myself a millimeter was a whole helluva lot smaller than it is😂

Ford Bronco Any Aftermarket 17x8 55mm Offset wheels? 045668EE-1873-4EAF-802E-0B5E3B5A80F4
Ford Bronco Any Aftermarket 17x8 55mm Offset wheels? 2C7549D9-D946-4647-9359-F9B6B2BE8E17
Sponsored