Any aftermarket options for 12" screen?

Dvanderm

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Checking to see if anyone knows if there are or will be aftermarket options to replace the 8" screen with a 12" screen. I am selecting a car for my wife, and know the two things she would really want are vinyl seats and the 12" screen. But Ford set up the options packages where you can't get both until the Badlands trim, and add the High Package for the 12". Those options, plus the 2.7L engine and hard top make it a $53k+ vehicle.

I had a feeling that Ford figured women would want those two things so set it up that way. That was confirmed when I was at a dealer talking about F-150s and ran this by the salesman. He confirmed that was actually the case. So I'm a little down on Ford for doing that instead of just making broader options available on multiple trims.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Out of curiosity why would you make the leap that the combo of 12" screen and vinyl seats would specifically appeal to women?

If those are the two things that really appeal to her and you wanted to take some $$$'s off the tally you could get the 2.3l, get a 2 door (cheaper to start and hard top is included), etc.

OP

Dvanderm

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Out of curiosity why would you make the leap that the combo of 12" screen and vinyl seats would specifically appeal to women?

If those are the two things that really appeal to her and you wanted to take some $$$'s off the tally you could get the 2.3l, get a 2 door (cheaper to start and hard top is included), etc.
good question...don't have a great answer, other than that is my experience. Women seem to really prefer vinyl/leather seats, and a big nav screen. When the Ford sales rep concurred why it was packaged like this, I figured there must be more than my wife that have that preference.

Advertisement

Advertisement