First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Checking to see if anyone knows if there are or will be aftermarket options to replace the 8" screen with a 12" screen. I am selecting a car for my wife, and know the two things she would really want are vinyl seats and the 12" screen. But Ford set up the options packages where you can't get both until the Badlands trim, and add the High Package for the 12". Those options, plus the 2.7L engine and hard top make it a $53k+ vehicle.

I had a feeling that Ford figured women would want those two things so set it up that way. That was confirmed when I was at a dealer talking about F-150s and ran this by the salesman. He confirmed that was actually the case. So I'm a little down on Ford for doing that instead of just making broader options available on multiple trims.
Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity why would you make the leap that the combo of 12" screen and vinyl seats would specifically appeal to women?

If those are the two things that really appeal to her and you wanted to take some $$$'s off the tally you could get the 2.3l, get a 2 door (cheaper to start and hard top is included), etc.

OP
OP

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Out of curiosity why would you make the leap that the combo of 12" screen and vinyl seats would specifically appeal to women?

If those are the two things that really appeal to her and you wanted to take some $$$'s off the tally you could get the 2.3l, get a 2 door (cheaper to start and hard top is included), etc.
good question...don't have a great answer, other than that is my experience. Women seem to really prefer vinyl/leather seats, and a big nav screen. When the Ford sales rep concurred why it was packaged like this, I figured there must be more than my wife that have that preference.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check out the prices of screen upgrades and the high package will start looking good.
I've seen MFT to Sync3 upgrades for around $1200 and some as low as $800...which is much more complicated process to do.

I'll bite on an OEM 12inch display after the fact to replace my 8 display for $1K or less.

Sponsored

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wait a few months till someone totals their 53k dollar bronco and then buy it from the junk yard. Not sure if it will be that much cheaper but probably slightly less expensive.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It costs around $1000 to upgrade from the 4in to 8in screen on the F150 using all OEM parts. I guarantee it's going to cost more to go from the 8 to 12. I wouldn't be surprised if it's double that.

OP
OP

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It costs around $1000 to upgrade from the 4in to 8in screen on the F150 using all OEM parts. I guarantee it's going to cost more to go from the 8 to 12. I wouldn't be surprised if it's double that.
a couple of grand for a bigger screen...ugh. Probably a lot of truth to that. Ford sure ain't making any of these upgrades cheap.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

a couple of grand for a bigger screen...ugh. Probably a lot of truth to that. Ford sure ain't making any of these upgrades cheap.
I don't think its going to cost that much-if it gets damaged in an accident, it would be a huge chunk of change that would work against getting the car fixed.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the aftermarket swap from 8 to 12 will be a difficult one, but we will see on that. Then you still don't have the 360 camera tied into the 12' screen...which is the best reason to have it in the first place. High package is the way to go if you want the screen and its a priority.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best options for upgrades are to buy them from the factory. Seriously people, it’s built, designed and has software that runs the vehicle. The headache that comes with trying to retrofit some shit in just to save a few bucks up front is dumb. If you want it, buy it. If you can’t afford, wait till you can.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good question...don't have a great answer, other than that is my experience. Women seem to really prefer vinyl/leather seats, and a big nav screen. When the Ford sales rep concurred why it was packaged like this, I figured there must be more than my wife that have that preference.
If you look at what people on here are ordering, most prefer the bigger screen and vinyl or leather.
Sponsored