Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The best options for upgrades are to buy them from the factory. Seriously people, it’s built, designed and has software that runs the vehicle. The headache that comes with trying to retrofit some shit in just to save a few bucks up front is dumb. If you want, but it. If you can’t afford, wait till you can.
The thing is technically the 8 and 12 inch displays are going to be almost identical hardware wise and software wise. Its not has hard as you think it is either.

Ford isn't going to make it so different from one another because that would cut into the profitability and ease of repair of it.

Software changes can be enabled/disabled via Forscan.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing is technically the 8 and 12 inch displays are going to be almost identical hardware wise and software wise. Its not has hard as you think it is either.

Ford isn't going to make it so different from one another because that would cut into the profitability and ease of repair of it.

Software changes can be enabled/disabled via Forscan.
Yes the 12” screen will be if you’re buying the 12” screen from Ford. I’m talking about aftermarket stuff, there’s no way of knowing how it will work, forscan or not.

This is my thought: if you don’t know that you can get the 12” screen or know that an aftermarket product will fit AND work buying something with the expectation that you can change it later is a slippery slope that might not end well. I’ve learned to just buy what I want in a car and leave the headache behind.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat. I have a 21 res, but am leaning toward a 22 to get all this resolved (at least a little more). I want a stick. I want a 12” screen. The only other options are bigger tires, so I’m looking at base and maybe bd. So ford wants me to soend $20k more to get a big screen. Nope.

The plan now is a base with aftermarket speakers, katzkin seat covers (had before and they’re excellent), and sasq or aftermarket wheels and tires.

To upgrade an F150 to 12” it’s 1-2k. Includes basically a programmed tablet and trim kit. A Wrangler is similar, with higher end options available.

i figure if the kit is the same as an F150 then there will definitely be an upgrade path, but expect 1 to 2 k and at least a year after the trucks ship. I’d hope the parts would be available to just swap out and diy, but I doubt it.

OP
OP

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes the 12” screen will be if you’re buying the 12” screen from Ford. I’m talking about aftermarket stuff, there’s no way of knowing how it will work, forscan or not.

This is my thought: if you don’t know that you can get the 12” screen or know that an aftermarket product will fit AND work buying something with the expectation that you can change it later is a slippery slope that might not end well. I’ve learned to just buy what I want in a car and leave the headache behind.
probably the safer route....thanks for the input.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
probably the safer route....thanks for the input.
Welcome. I know there are people who think anything is doable and they may be right. I’m a hands on person but some things aren’t worth the headache lol.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going with the Black Diamond, but wanted the larger screen and LED headlights, so I moved to Badlands. The high package also had the additional sound deadening a couple other features, so while I'm a cheap bastard, finally decided to treat myself.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a walk through of what you can expect. At least with the pre ‘21 getting an aftermarket tablet to work with the Ford system isn’t that hard, but it can be a little clunky. Search youtube for f150 12” screen or Phoenix 12.1.

OP
OP

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in the same boat. I have a 21 res, but am leaning toward a 22 to get all this resolved (at least a little more). I want a stick. I want a 12” screen. The only other options are bigger tires, so I’m looking at base and maybe bd. So ford wants me to soend $20k more to get a big screen. Nope.

The plan now is a base with aftermarket speakers, katzkin seat covers (had before and they’re excellent), and sasq or aftermarket wheels and tires.

To upgrade an F150 to 12” it’s 1-2k. Includes basically a programmed tablet and trim kit. A Wrangler is similar, with higher end options available.

i figure if the kit is the same as an F150 then there will definitely be an upgrade path, but expect 1 to 2 k and at least a year after the trucks ship. I’d hope the parts would be available to just swap out and diy, but I doubt it.
interesting....do you know what will be different about the '22 setups that will make it a bit easier to get what you want?

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting....do you know what will be different about the '22 setups that will make it a bit easier to get what you want?
Mainly the option of getting sas seeing as how mine will have a manual transmission. But what I’m really interested in is oem options vs aftermarket. Especially lockers, bumpers, suspension packages, and audio.
Sponsored