Sponsored

Any alternative options for Brush guard and winch? Brush guard blocks "Bronco". Winch blocks the front camera.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Don’t buy either and wait for a better design
Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What on earth is a "brush guard" actually for?
Making new trails? Isn't going off-trail illegal (in the US) and just... unfriendly?
Its not like people in N America will be driving their Broncos in the Australian Outback.
* I have a hunch people just buy it for looks.

Ford Bronco Any alternative options for Brush guard and winch? Brush guard blocks "Bronco".   Winch blocks the front camera. 1617749472864

Ford Bronco Any alternative options for Brush guard and winch? Brush guard blocks "Bronco".   Winch blocks the front camera. 1617749595476

1617749533723.png

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the ARB bumper has room for a winch behind/in it, or they would have put one there. It's too flat and close to the actual front of the Bronco.
I'm going to wait with a winch, it'll be years before I'll actually be anywhere close to really needing one on a regular basis, if ever. Looks cool, but just adds unnecessary weight 99.9% of the time. I have not explored it much, but for some $50 you can get a 4 ton hand winch on Amazon, with the added benefit that you can attach that thing to the front or back or side or where ever with tow straps in between, and while manual and some work, it'll most likely get me out of any stuck place I'll ever encounter. (anybody here have experience with those things?). And if I don't need it it'll be sitting in the garage with the rest of the recovery gear. I'm pretty sure I'll never be on a trail where I have to winch my rig up several feet or more. And I hate mud, so not getting close to that, not that I'll encounter much of that here out west.

Otherwise I'd also rather want a front bumper with tow hitch and have a real winch on a hitch mount plate, so I can attach it front or back if needed, and otherwise leave it at home too.

I won't install anything that will block the front camera, something I'll use way more often than a winch. And unless there is some official relocation kit with software changes to the 360 and 'drive line' markers etc, moving the camera yourself will most likely screw up all those nice display options. Several inches forward with a wide angle lens makes a huge difference.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe a front camera relocation kit? I don't know how much it would affect the 360 being offset by 12" or so...
Given the intercooler and radar issues with dropping the winch lower (even as part of a new bumper) I've pretty much decided that the only fix that will enable a winch and all of the tech is to relocate the camera. I'm thinking the camera needs to be relocated into an aftermarket bumper, or attached to a bull bar that is in front of the winch. I think this will end up being the simplest solution.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BN posted this photo where the winch clearly blocks the intercooler. CGI? Fake News?
Ford Bronco Any alternative options for Brush guard and winch? Brush guard blocks "Bronco".   Winch blocks the front camera. 1617749533723
It looks like they just photoshopped a winch in front of the bumper. There's not anything there to support it; it's just floating.
Sponsored