Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on making a custom enclosure for a bigger sub/amp combo with some built in storage for the day to day stuff that gets tossed in the back. One of the benefits of being a woodworker and electronics hobbyist. Throw some quick disconnects in the system and I'll be able to remove it easily when needed as well!
That's actually a pretty good idea!
Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not going to hit very hard, but its an entry point for people to join in...

Screenshot_20210502-070230_Drive.jpg

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first car I went to a local pawn shop and scored some most likely stolen equipment. 12" Kicker Solo-Baric and a 400 watt MTX amp. For only pushing 400 that lil guy destroyed the trunk lid on that Pontiac. Rattled everything loose and the sounds from outside were hilarious. Took it all out when I sold the car and sold the equipment before ever putting it in my 2nd car. I miss the bass but I don't miss the lost trunk space and rattling.
Same here....I had a Cutlass 442, and had the back seat removed. 2 Hollywood Bass tubes enclosed with a 300W amp split between them. I had another 100W amp split between 6 channels in the car. That's when I was in HS and had time to.......remove the entire interior of my car and rewire it when I got bored. Now, I may just upgrade the stock speakers and have a sub installed. I doubt I will do any of this work myself.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, great, but it's not going to be a good environment for audio. Whether you drive it off road or not is not the point. It is designed for off road use, not listening critically to audio music. Luxury cars are designed for on-road use and listening critically to audio music. It's not the environment of where you drive while listening to music (i.e. off-road vs. on road), it is the design intention of the vehicle that dictates the audio environment of the vehicle.

I'm not sure why this is a hard concept to capture.
Why are you trolling this thread? The Debbie downers of this forum would have us believe the Bronco is a one-trick pony that should have shitty audio, ride like crap, get 10 mpg, fit only a couple Wee Men, tow a bike rack only, and should be slow as a tractor. Luckily, these guys don't work for Ford so we ended up with a great all-around vehicle and I'm sure it can sound great with a little work.

For those of you really dedicated to bass, you might want to check out the floor pass-through idea I posted here since there could be 3 cubic feet available under the cargo area:
secret passage to cargo area underside

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its not going to hit very hard, but its an entry point for people to join in...

Ford Bronco Any BASS (audio) heads out there??? Screenshot_20210502-070230_Drive
I was actually excited for this when it first came out, but then I found out that it's independent of the vehicle stereo system & needs to be charged also from what I heard.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why are you trolling this thread? The Debbie downers of this forum would have us believe the Bronco is a one-trick pony that should have shitty audio, ride like crap, get 10 mpg, fit only a couple Wee Men, tow a bike rack only, and should be slow as a tractor. Luckily, these guys don't work for Ford so we ended up with a great all-around vehicle and I'm sure it can sound great with a little work.

For those of you really dedicated to bass, you might want to check out the floor pass-through idea I posted here since there could be 3 cubic feet available under the cargo area:
secret passage to cargo area underside
That is an idea! I've seen people put an 8" box underneath the rear seat in pick-ups, but I'd still be worried about it when the doors/roof is off.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was actually excited for this when it first came out, but then I found out that it's independent of the vehicle stereo system & needs to be charged also from what I heard.
Not connecting to the radio is disappointing, but couldn't you just plug it into power plug in the bed? My original assumption was that it would always plug in there, but having the battery makes it even better IMO.

You can bring it with you to the campfire and only have to be plugged in when it's charging.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just reached out to JL Audio to inquire as to whether they have plans for a Stealth Box for the Bronco. Might be the best "easy" option for people who can't or don't want to fabricate something.
I pointed them to these forums so they could see there is interest here.
If they respond I'll make a post here.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My point is it's an off-road oriented vehicle, rather than a Lincoln Continental with Bridge of Weir leather and acoustic-grade interior materials, so the capability of the interior to provide a high-quality acoustic environment is far to nil. Last time I was in an elevator, the music system did not have a subwoofer capable of 18 Hz at 110 dB.

Just sayin' ;)
But wouldn't that elevator ride have been that much more badass if it did?

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Any BASS (audio) heads out there??? Bronco Box

I played around with the 2-door cargo area dimensions I found on this site. This is a box I'm thinking about building for (4) CT Sounds Strato 8's. 2 ft3 net volume, tuned to 40Hz with 36in2 of port area. I would have it set with the subs facing forward to take advantage of the unusable space created by the seat hinge brackets. I'm not sure if it will need to be modified for the swing gate hinge bump out like Wranglers have but it's a good starting point. 10.5"H x 16"D x 43"W Should be good for tunes when parked at the river :)

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, great, but it's not going to be a good environment for audio. Whether you drive it off road or not is not the point. It is designed for off road use, not listening critically to audio music. Luxury cars are designed for on-road use and listening critically to audio music. It's not the environment of where you drive while listening to music (i.e. off-road vs. on road), it is the design intention of the vehicle that dictates the audio environment of the vehicle.

It's not a hard concept to understand the focus of why the Bronco was created. People know this, but being the innovative, smart folks they are, they find a way to adapt and overcome obstacles. Just because it isn't meant to be conducive to good audio doesn't mean that it can't be. This is how things get invented. You have a problem, you find the solution, and if it doesn't exist then you create it.

The harder concept to understand is why people feel the need to come comment on someone else's thread just to tell them that "you can't/shouldn't do that because the car isn't made for it". Who cares? Let them go crazy and create the best damn audio setup they can. You clearly have no interest in this topic, so refrain from crushing other people's ideas.

Just saying;)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the same but we did squeeze a shallow mount JL 10TW3D4 into the quarter of a '76. I don't have pics but we did make a custom sealed fiberglass box that followed the contour of the cavity. Front and rear were Focal Performance 130AC and 165AC. JL XD300 and XD400 amps.

Ford Bronco Any BASS (audio) heads out there??? 1622119182104

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe I missed the point of this thread but I have no intention of critically listening to audio music in my Bronco. I don't know how the Bronco will sound but in every Jeep I've had you need to factory radio turned up to 11 to hear it when you're on the interstate with the top and doors off and at that point it sounds awful. Even with the factory subwoofer there is zero low frequencies heard or felt in that scenario. I'm going to upgrade the factory speakers, add subwoofers, amplifiers, maybe an Epicenter if I'm feeling saucy and be able to crank up the Smashing Pumpkins when I'm riding to work.

You can make the same argument about a poor listening environment for a ski boat but my Ski Nautique has a lot of speakers so we can listen to whatever my wife and kids want while we're playing on the river. The design intention of a boat is not SQ audio but every pontoon and ski boat you find in my area of FL will have enough speakers to listen to Zac Brown over the drone of wind and the engine.

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not the same but we did squeeze a shallow mount JL 10TW3D4 into the quarter of a '76. I don't have pics but we did make a custom sealed fiberglass box that followed the contour of the cavity. Front and rear were Focal Performance 130AC and 165AC. JL XD300 and XD400 amps.

Ford Bronco Any BASS (audio) heads out there??? 1622119182104
That looks like a super clean install and awesome choice on equipment!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh, what did you say? I CAN'T hear you! I had a 80 model Trans Am. It had 4 pioneer 6x9's across the back deck, with an Orion 4x50 running those And a pioneer Cassette deck pushing the front speakers. Damn I loved that car. In the early 90's had a good friend with a Mitsubishi Eclipse, he took out the back seat and put 4 15's in it and he had 4 Rockford Fosgate amps. When he turned it up maybe half way the whole dash would move!
There was this kid out of Lancaster, Texas that is, his parents owned a car stereo store in DeSoto. He had, I think it was a 92' Z-28 with 4 18's, the whole back hatch area was nothing but crossovers and Orion amps. That thing was unbelievable. We could be sitting at Sonic in Waxahachie and could hear him at Waxahachie High School! Good times! But at 54 it's pretty much stock stereos now. I still have a really nice 7 speaker (Denon & Paradigm) home theater set up.
Edit: I am getting the High pkg. From what I have read it sounds good.
Sponsored

Last edited: