Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Alpine upgrade in my 2015 wrangler two door rubicon is the best factory audio I've ever had. The little 6x8 sub in the rear floor works very well. I believe it's a 450W four voice coil speaker. It's surprisingly good. After trying to work on a 2015 Mustang GT with base audio, honestly ford has been on the bottom of my list they way they bundle premium audio with a bunch of other crap I don't want. I added a sub and upgraded the four 6.5" speakers in the mustang, but it lacked mid range. Having to use russian software to modify a ford audio system isn't appealing to me.

Back in highschool I had four 12" subs in a 1984 S10 Tahoe extended cab. Something about those 4x10 and 4x6 rear pillar and dash speakers made electric guitar sound better. :D
Sponsored

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do believe my BaseBase I have pre-ordered would not be the best at rock crawling, but it would be good for a daily & some lite off roading while blasting my premium aftermarket speakers.
Loud music from a car doesn't make you an "audiohead". ;)

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m planning on adding a JL Audio either 10TW3 or 12TW3 and fiberglassing it in the factory sub location. Check out flat piston or shallow mount subwoofers.

Sponsored

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco would be the last vehicle I'd choose to try and get decent audio out of. It's made to rock crawl.
My Bronco will likely spend 95% of its time commuting, 4.9% of its time on trails and on the beach, and 0.1% doing serious offroading.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco will likely spend 95% of its time commuting, 4.9% of its time on trails and on the beach, and 0.1% doing serious offroading.
Okay, great, but it's not going to be a good environment for audio. Whether you drive it off road or not is not the point. It is designed for off road use, not listening critically to audio music. Luxury cars are designed for on-road use and listening critically to audio music. It's not the environment of where you drive while listening to music (i.e. off-road vs. on road), it is the design intention of the vehicle that dictates the audio environment of the vehicle.

I'm not sure why this is a hard concept to capture.

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, great, but it's not going to be a good environment for audio. Whether you drive it off road or not is not the point. It is designed for off road use, not listening critically to audio music. Luxury cars are designed for on-road use and listening critically to audio music. It's not the environment of where you drive while listening to music (i.e. off-road vs. on road), it is the design intention of the vehicle that dictates the audio environment of the vehicle.

This thread is about bass, not necessarily high end audio. Thanks for your opinion, but this is not what the topic is about.

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry, I thought this was the Bass Anglers Sportsman's Society thread.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I worked in a shop in Colorado we put systems in ALL vehicles, yes that means Jeep’s, Hummers, lifted trucks, you name it. We even worked on a Lotus that was a Flying Car ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerocar_2000 ), I am not sure why anyone would try to crap on you putting a decent system in your Bronco. Like I previously posted, I plan on fiberglassing a subwoofer into the location of the factory sub. I’m looking at the JL Audio TW3 series subwoofers because they have excellent performance and can be used in small spaces. If you don’t care about space then you could go crazy and just drown out the snowflakes that cant handle it. Lastly, the designers of vehicles also include someone that designs the car audio side of things, a car company is not going to put a vehicle out that sounds like total garbage.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used to be back in the high school/college days. My best setup was a Boston Acoustics SPG-555 in my '96 short cab Ranger. I had 1000W RMS between the sub and the speakers in that truck.

I made an entire center console and got seats out of an Explorer in order to make the sub box. I don't know what the cu. ft. of that box is, I just made the biggest sealed enclosure I could because I knew I'd never meet spec.

Unfortunately that $700 sub, the $400 amp attached to it, the head unit, the speakers, and the amp for the speakers have been sitting with that truck for a while now. It transitioned from around-town runabout to project truck a few years ago when a steer tire blew out going 75 MPH on the highway. Didn't crash it, but that tread slapping around did some good damage on its own.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on making a custom enclosure for a bigger sub/amp combo with some built in storage for the day to day stuff that gets tossed in the back. One of the benefits of being a woodworker and electronics hobbyist. Throw some quick disconnects in the system and I'll be able to remove it easily when needed as well!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Thed still have my 555 pictured on another page 🙂