Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not connecting to the radio is disappointing, but couldn't you just plug it into power plug in the bed? My original assumption was that it would always plug in there, but having the battery makes it even better IMO.

You can bring it with you to the campfire and only have to be plugged in when it's charging.
I was actually excited for this when it first came out, but then I found out that it's independent of the vehicle stereo system & needs to be charged also from what I heard.
This information on not being connected to the head unit seems inaccurate. The soundbar has RCA that runs to head unit and comes with RCA / bare wire connectors. The install will connect it to the head unit through the RCA. It has bluetooth, which would override the RCA when connected, and has a 3.5 jack that would override both the RCA and bluetooth when connected.

from Crutchfield..." The ultra-efficient Class D amp kicks out 80 watts RMS to each channel, and includes intelligent priority switching so it's easy to connect and enjoy your various devices. The 3.5mm jack overrides the Bluetooth, which in turn overrides the RCA inputs. "

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not the same but we did squeeze a shallow mount JL 10TW3D4 into the quarter of a '76. I don't have pics but we did make a custom sealed fiberglass box that followed the contour of the cavity. Front and rear were Focal Performance 130AC and 165AC. JL XD300 and XD400 amps.

1622119182104.png
Hopefully I can come up with something that looks as clean as this!

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This information on not being connected to the head unit seems inaccurate. The soundbar has RCA that runs to head unit and comes with RCA / bare wire connectors. The install will connect it to the head unit through the RCA. It has bluetooth, which would override the RCA when connected, and has a 3.5 jack that would override both the RCA and bluetooth when connected.

from Crutchfield..." The ultra-efficient Class D amp kicks out 80 watts RMS to each channel, and includes intelligent priority switching so it's easy to connect and enjoy your various devices. The 3.5mm jack overrides the Bluetooth, which in turn overrides the RCA inputs. "
That's some good news, thanks!

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some of you are dead on spot about what types of systems could or may make your Bronco boom around town. I used own four 12s in the bed of an Isuzu pup. This all back in the mid 90 s of course. Four Zeus mono block 1000 watts, four low end three way 6x9s (2 in each door and 2 behind the seats on the b- pillar). But, those days are far behind, I'll settle for a good 1000 watt 10 and some good three ways and yes I'm going with ( if I can find them) 2 old school Hi Phonic amps.

Sponsored

NDBronco

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to chime in a little bit here as I owned a car audio store years ago and installed many systems in many types of vehicles. What i can say is that I have always been surprised by how much bass is taken away by a convertible top or a removable top (wrangler). I had a company vehicle, 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, and put in a 1200 watts RMS amplifier and 2 15" subwoofers in a sealed box in the cargo area of the jeep. That thing sounded great with the top on, even with windows down. Then we took the top off and you could hardly hear those speakers. This is all to do with pressurizing the cabin and other factors. So I have little interest in putting a huge setup in my Bronco, if I ever get one. I also had the same issue with a boat i had just a couple years ago. It had a factory 8 inch sub. You couldn't even hear it. Then I did all new JL Audio speakers in it and 2 JL 12's. It sounded great in a building but again, out on the lake, you couldn't hear them very well. My point is, you can make the Bronco sound good with the top on, but don't expect much with the top off. When/if I ever get my Bronco, I will be using the signal to the factory sub amp to go to an additional amp. I haven't decided on a sub yet but most likely I will be using a transmission line slot vented box with one 12" sub. It will sound great for most situations. I can't wait for everyone to start diving into these things. Plus, I can't be the only one thinking of using an upfitter switch to trigger my amp as I can turn the additional sub off for when kids or older passengers are in it. I am getting the B&O sound system.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had to chime in a little bit here as I owned a car audio store years ago and installed many systems in many types of vehicles. What i can say is that I have always been surprised by how much bass is taken away by a convertible top or a removable top (wrangler). I had a company vehicle, 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, and put in a 1200 watts RMS amplifier and 2 15" subwoofers in a sealed box in the cargo area of the jeep. That thing sounded great with the top on, even with windows down. Then we took the top off and you could hardly hear those speakers. This is all to do with pressurizing the cabin and other factors. So I have little interest in putting a huge setup in my Bronco, if I ever get one. I also had the same issue with a boat i had just a couple years ago. It had a factory 8 inch sub. You couldn't even hear it. Then I did all new JL Audio speakers in it and 2 JL 12's. It sounded great in a building but again, out on the lake, you couldn't hear them very well. My point is, you can make the Bronco sound good with the top on, but don't expect much with the top off. When/if I ever get my Bronco, I will be using the signal to the factory sub amp to go to an additional amp. I haven't decided on a sub yet but most likely I will be using a transmission line slot vented box with one 12" sub. It will sound great for most situations. I can't wait for everyone to start diving into these things. Plus, I can't be the only one thinking of using an upfitter switch to trigger my amp as I can turn the additional sub off for when kids or older passengers are in it. I am getting the B&O sound system.
I had a similar experience which leads me to believe I'll just stick with the factory B&O system but still hoping a sub upgrade makes a difference. I had a '64 Impala convertible that I could not focus the bass into the cabin. Standing outside the car it sounded pretty good but nothing when seated in the car. It had a big 12 body trunk and I had 4 12's in it and a ton of power. I tried bandpass, ported, and sealed setups but all you heard was rattling when in the car.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just reached out to JL Audio to inquire as to whether they have plans for a Stealth Box for the Bronco. Might be the best "easy" option for people who can't or don't want to fabricate something.
I pointed them to these forums so they could see there is interest here.
If they respond I'll make a post here.
Did they get back to you?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This^^^ I'm at witts end with the B&O setup and can't listen to my wife complaint much longer that the crap rattles and sounds awful. But I really do not have the time outside of work to dive into building a custom enclosure that won't take up cargo space since the seats stay folded flat and 2 large dogs always in it, especially with my OCD it'll take me weeks/months to finish until its perfect lol, like I did with my jeep. I would love to just install a JL stealth enclosure and be done.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&O also... but I’ve still got my Boston acoustics SPG 555 if I get the itch for more... and it can be done in a 1 cubic foot box. Yes, I know it’s an old school sub... but at 3 1/4” of excursion it’s a beast
I had two of those subs in a boat... I out slapped every W7 I ran across. I love that SUB I wish it never went out of production. Even when it blew it was a quick coil change and back in business.

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This^^^ I'm at witts end with the B&O setup and can't listen to my wife complaint much longer that the crap rattles and sounds awful. But I really do not have the time outside of work to dive into building a custom enclosure that won't take up cargo space since the seats stay folded flat and 2 large dogs always in it, especially with my OCD it'll take me weeks/months to finish until its perfect lol, like I did with my jeep. I would love to just install a JL stealth enclosure and be done.
I've been checking with JL personally and my own stereo shop. JL is currently saying it's on the list but not even into mold or on any type of pre-production. I would not hold your breath for it coming to market in 2022.

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's one thing I'm worried about. I'm getting the base (ha) so no factory sub for me... My Fusion came with the sony factory subs & I could not stand them.
Plan on putting in a sub. There is virtually no bass in the 6 speaker set up. None.

Nikokani

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I searched & could not find any dedicated posts about aftermarket subs (just a lot of talk about the factory sub).

As someone who has a 1000w amp & one 15" sub that takes up the entirety of my Fusion's trunk & cost me a thumbnail to get it in there I don't know if I can live without bass in my life.

I have said ever since I planned on getting the Bronco that I was going to go subless for the first time in ten years, but now I'm having second thoughts. Life without bass sucks!

I do plan on getting some real nice aftermarket speakers to replace the factory ones ASAP, but the more I think about it I might want to do something for the low end.

Anyone else in this bass boat? 😅

20150720_103608.jpg
I had a couple 10” in my f150 and was hoping the B&O system in the Bronco would be sufficient…it’s not. I added a 12” in the back of it and the trunk is rattling really bad. It’s sounds horrible. I’ll add some dynamat soon and see if that helps the situation. The new amp is connected to the wiring on the B&O amp and not sure if the tuning is poor because of that set up as well.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been checking with JL personally and my own stereo shop. JL is currently saying it's on the list but not even into mold or on any type of pre-production. I would not hold your breath for it coming to market in 2022.
Big opportunity for others to swoop in and steal sales on one of the hottest ticket item vehicles.
Sponsored