Any chance 6G Bronco BEFORE the Ranger?

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know what Freep has reported but the UAW agreement does not actually name any names. It just says new product in 2018 and another one no later than 2020.

You guys think any chance the Bronco will be 2018 and 2020 Ranger?
Sponsored

Shocknawe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer
Not according to the inside sources. Rumor is also that the 6G Bronco will be based on the next Ranger platform so it would make sense for the Ranger to hit the market first.

I think we'll find out soon since 2018 is a hop and skip away and a concept is bound to drop for one of these vehicles, probably as soon as next year.

Last edited:

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
2020 calendar year or model year? Could mean as early as 2019 if it's 2020 model year.

4 years is still a long time, hope nothing happens to get the Bronco plans canceled.

VonDutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
They could see how the Ranger goes first, but I would assume that part of the new platform budgeting includes spreading the costs/investment with another vehicle (presumably the Bronco). The two are going to be produced at the same plant too so they go hand in hand. It makes a new Bronco more viable that it can piggyback onto a bigger brother with bigger pockets.

Tommmay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI Countryman
Not according to the inside sources. Rumor is also that the 6G Bronco will be based on the next Ranger platform so it would make sense for the Ranger to hit the market first.

I think we'll find out soon since 2018 is a hop and skip away and a concept is bound to drop for one of these vehicles, probably as soon as next year.
Probably won't be a Ranger concept since it won't be an all-new one? Or will it?

Bronco I could totally see a concept car for since it's been out of production for so long and also because they made one a few years back.

Sponsored

Shocknawe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer
Probably won't be a Ranger concept since it won't be an all-new one? Or will it?

Bronco I could totally see a concept car for since it's been out of production for so long and also because they made one a few years back.
They just debuted a new Ranger last March so there shouldn't be an all new one, it should just be bringing a US spec version to the states in a few years. That was bad wording on my part. I just meant "one of these vehicles" as in the Bronco.

BOFOL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco will for sure be after the Ranger. It's going to take a lot less to re-patriate the Ranger than it will be to revive the Bronco. Plus the Ranger will be the higher volume seller and much of the development costs of the new shared platform with the Bronco will be on the Ranger's shoulders.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If there won't be another new Ranger out before the Bronco is built then I hope the Bronco doesn't share anything but its chassis with the Ranger which is not a good looking truck. I hope they go back to the boxy styling of the first gen Bronco, especially the square inset front grille.

Early-Ford-Bronco-1973.jpg

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there won't be another new Ranger out before the Bronco is built then I hope the Bronco doesn't share anything but its chassis with the Ranger which is not a good looking truck. I hope they go back to the boxy styling of the first gen Bronco, especially the square inset front grille.
You might be in luck if they somewhat stick to the 2004 Bronco Concept which was never made. That concept definitely had a lot of influence from the gen 1 Bronco.

Ford-Bronco-Concept-front-angle.jpg
Sponsored