Sponsored

Any chance Ford has any financing specials?

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Found some info on options on ford's site...
https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options

Also article on baby bronco w/ 84 months @5.9 maybe similar for full size?

https://m.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2021-ford-bronco-sport-gets-84-month-financing-deal
5.9% is probably realistic on a vehicle with so much demand as Bronco. The only real hope I see is Jeep will likely be selling with practically free financing and could cost a lot of Bronco sales. The other thing is if too many customers have outside financing. FMC makes a lot of money for Ford, so that may encourage them to offer decent rates.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't follow your logic. Ford has nothing to gain by earning less money giving away financing on a vehicle that will be sold regardless. But they do have plenty to lose: thousands of dollars per vehicle.

If there are already a year's worth of customers lined up to buy before a customer can even walk in off the street and hope to buy one, it makes no financial sense for Ford to use incentives to sell more Broncos until such a time that they are making more Broncos than they are selling without incentives. That's why I've been saying there won't be incentives until 2022 at the earliest--if sales slow enough that Ford needs to boost mid- or late-model-year sales.
Every day we hear of potential buyers dropping off and those are only the ones on here. There is no doubt the eventual number of actual orders will be no where near the optimistic numbers.

Also, Jeep sells around 600,000 or more vehicles every year. Ford needs to take a big bite out of that pie and they cannot do that unless they make the deal as attractive as the vehicle.

At this point gaining market share is more important than the most profit per unit. They will still make money even at 0% interest rate.

You don’t make any profit unless you make a sale.?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like i said in the other thread I dont expect 0 for 60 right off the bat but I would expect ford to be aggressive

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone always gets caught up in ford financing. Go to the dealership with your own financing. I have never had ford or any large bank beat by local credit unit for rates. Never. So I for one give two shits less what Ford will do with their Loan rates.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone always gets caught up in ford financing. Go to the dealership with your own financing. I have never had ford or any large bank beat by local credit unit for rates. Never. So I for one give two shits less what Ford will do with their Loan rates.
Hard to beat 0% when its there lol

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every day we hear of potential buyers dropping off and those are only the ones on here. There is no doubt the eventual number of actual orders will be no where near the optimistic numbers.

Also, Jeep sells around 600,000 or more vehicles every year. Ford needs to take a big bite out of that pie and they cannot do that unless they make the deal as attractive as the vehicle.

At this point gaining market share is more important than the most profit per unit. They will still make money even at 0% interest rate.

You don’t make any profit unless you make a sale.?
Ford has already factored in an expected drop-out rate. There are far more reservation holders than one year's production can handle, even accounting for some people holding double reservations and also accounting for a large dropout rate. For what it's worth, most drop-outs will likely occur after Build and Price is available and people can see what their desired Bronco will actually cost. Ford didn't say the first year's allotment was likely already gone without factoring drop-outs.

Jeep may sell 600,000 vehicles, but most of those are not potential conquest sales for Bronco. There are already several Ford models competing with other Jeep models. The competition is the Wrangler and 150,000 Broncos per year takes "a big bite out of that pie".

Gaining market share is not possible beyond the number of vehicles that can be produced. As I have stated before, as long as demand exceeds supply, there is no benefit in reducing price, including any financing incentives of any kind.

To restate your final sentence, if you can't gain any sales, there's no point in reducing your price.
Sponsored