Sponsored

Any Close up looks at the removable roof panels on the MIC top?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may not be as legible as I had hoped, but basically, there looks to be some decent mating surfaces for the top, so we only have to worry about any water that gets past those... who knows how much that will be but...

There are some good looking channels on either side of the mating surfaces. This double gasket should keep water from "raining" on you in the cabin. Anything that gets past the first will likely not have enough energy to make it past the second... instead, capturing it in the channels.

Those two little square-is flaps concern me. Their shape makes me think they're relying on them to perform an important role... but maybe not... maybe it's just "for good measure" stuff.

That said, I've never had any water issues in this spot on my jeep...

Ford Bronco Any Close up looks at the removable roof panels on the MIC top? IMG_1164.JPG

Based on these, I feel good that any of the water that makes it into that channel is directed out and away. There is significant overhang here on the tops, so it's really just what snuck in elsewhere.

There's a break in that rubber on the rear portion visible... I have no idea where that's going to lead. For all I know it may lead outside of the door weather stripping and isn't an issue... maybe there's no break in anything and it's basically just the outside of the body at that point...

...or maybe it leads into the B pillar.

Ford Bronco Any Close up looks at the removable roof panels on the MIC top? IMG_1167.JPG

Like I said, everything leaks... I know, because I'm a jeep owner... and also why I ordered a BL with the washout interior.... that said a washout interior on my jeep wouldn't help, since the water is being directed down and behind the carpet, and would do the same to a washout interior if I had it.

The bronco is a convertible, so we should all emotionally prepare for posts in a year about how to solve our leaks... but I hope we actually wont. and that Ford was able to crack the nut that Fiat wasn't able to.

Or was it Stelantis?

AMC?

Whatever... I just can't wait to get rid of my Jeep.

I'll give you a good deal on it.

;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may not be as legible as I had hoped, but basically, there looks to be some decent mating surfaces for the top, so we only have to worry about any water that gets past those... who knows how much that will be but...

There are some good looking channels on either side of the mating surfaces. This double gasket should keep water from "raining" on you in the cabin. Anything that gets past the first will likely not have enough energy to make it past the second... instead, capturing it in the channels.

Those two little square-is flaps concern me. Their shape makes me think they're relying on them to perform an important role... but maybe not... maybe it's just "for good measure" stuff.

That said, I've never had any water issues in this spot on my jeep...

Ford Bronco Any Close up looks at the removable roof panels on the MIC top? IMG_1167.JPG

Based on these, I feel good that any of the water that makes it into that channel is directed out and away. There is significant overhang here on the tops, so it's really just what snuck in elsewhere.

There's a break in that rubber on the rear portion visible... I have no idea where that's going to lead. For all I know it may lead outside of the door weather stripping and isn't an issue... maybe there's no break in anything and it's basically just the outside of the body at that point...

...or maybe it leads into the B pillar.

Like I said, everything leaks... I know, because I'm a jeep owner... and also why I ordered a BL with the washout interior.... that said a washout interior on my jeep wouldn't help, since the water is being directed down and behind the carpet, and would do the same to a washout interior if I had it.

The bronco is a convertible, so we should all emotionally prepare for posts in a year about how to solve our leaks... but I hope we actually wont. and that Ford was able to crack the nut that Fiat wasn't able to.

Or was it Stelantis?

AMC?

Whatever... I just can't wait to get rid of my Jeep.

I'll give you a good deal on it.

;)
Great illustrations! I'm sure they learned from Jeep's past issues and corrected them. There seems to be some good measures in place on the Bronco for sure, and a couple "unsure" simply due to some of the angles of the pictures we have.

If anyone is going to a Bronco event in the coming weeks, please report back with some additional images! Us poor folks in Canada don't get to see anything *insert pity party here*