Sponsored

Any concerns of a first year model, during a pandemic, under allocation, about vehicle safety?

LoneStarBridger

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lot of threads bashing ford on the way Bronco will be allocated. I’m sure ford wishes it could fulfill every order quickly, as anyone whose been in manufacturing understands how bad having to allocate product is,

am I the only one who is less concerned about the way Ford allocates, and more concerned these models will at a minimum have a lot of recalls? what about safety issues? ford has every short term incentive to rush production, but they are trying to do that during a pandemic?
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lot of threads bashing ford on the way Bronco will be allocated. I’m sure ford wishes it could fulfill every order quickly, as anyone whose been in manufacturing understands how bad having to allocate product is,

am I the only one who is less concerned about the way Ford allocates, and more concerned these models will at a minimum have a lot of recalls? what about safety issues? ford has every short term incentive to rush production, but they are trying to do that during a pandemic?
Those are real concerns for any introduction model, let alone during a pandemic and a push to meet consumer long awaited demands.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford follows a strict process (Six Sigma among others) during manufacturing in order to avoid serous safety concerns. A pandemic won’t change any of this, it’s about man power and supply chain. This is why some will not see their rig in 21. Minor bugs should be expected, it’s good that the power train is proven (unless your MT7)
Not really worried

Deleted member 13702

That's a valid concern. I was always told to never buy a first year model for the same reasons. However, flash back to 13 years ago when I bought a 2007 Tundra. It was a a complete redesign of the truck, and there were a lot of concerns on forums over crankshafts, frame design etc. I had two recalls on it, one for the airbags and another for the gas pedal, none of which were show stoppers. As a matter of fact it still runs like new and is causing me some major heart burn because I want it as a third vehicle, but my wife wants to trade it in (first world problems).

Ultimately I fully expect one or two recalls with the Bronco. I think this particular model is such a big deal that Ford will pay more attention to quality since it would be major news and bad publicity for any serious safety concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Engine and transmission aren’t new, frame and other elements are off of the ranger....some of the electronics are new (I.e. GOAT modes) and expect some bugs, but with over the air updates, that should prevent a lot of recalls actually. They can be fine tuned/updated without bringing it in....at least that’s the hope. There will probably be recalls and issues with the tops....kind of a given. That’s my biggest concern, but as long as Ford owns up and fixes them, it should be good.

With a vocal group like this, common issues are going to be identified and elevated quickly

Sponsored

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
In a manufacturing environment like Ford, production and marketing are two separate entities that merely have to co exist. Yes production wants to build as fast as possible, but they have quality targets to maintain. Allocation means nothing to production, they are merely provided a list of units to build and do so according to available supplies.

As far as the pandemic goes, as long as the supply chain can provide and there are bodies to staff the production line, product will be produced.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m sure it happens to every manufacturer. Purely anecdotal, but my company switched from Chevy Equinoxes to new revamped Ford Transit Connects and the the amount of recalls we had doubled and our finance team found it was cheaper to get Mercedes Metris (more expensive) vans after 10 months than deal with having multiple Fords out of commission. We didn’t pay for any repairs at Ford, but the down time was considerable. (The recalls affected 300k Transits)
Sponsored