Sponsored

Any Dash-cam suggestions for Bronco? Can I use Bronco camera as Dash-cam?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just went down a rabbit hole with this one. LOOKS AWESOME! Order has been placed, thanks for sharing mate!
so the beauty of Amazon is the cancelation/return policy .... if you change your mind take a look at these also .... 4K with good reviews

https://www.amazon.com/VanTop-Mirror-Control-Tracking-Waterproof/dp/B089SVCW1X/ref=sr_1_3?crid=B9NIXU0BK4YV&dchild=1&keywords=4k+rear+view+mirror+camera&qid=1616623611&sprefix=4k+rear,aps,223&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/TOGUARD-Cont...988e9&pd_rd_wg=TVQ1Q&pd_rd_i=B08L361H4T&psc=1
Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually.....

If you pay attention to what has been said to-date about that trail mapping stuff... it sounds like you can "record" in the sense that you can upload just your track/route over the map. If you want to record video it needs to be done through your cellphone (mounted to your dash/windshield).

Using your cellphone and the associated app, you can marry the telemetry data from your Bronco with the video recorded on your phone, into one cohesive record.... and then upload that record to some social media platform for "likes" and "MeowMeowBeenz" from your off-roading peers.

From this thread here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-performance-app-for-bronco-–-features-part-1.13273/
That's not where my information came from, it was from someone demoing the on trail usage of the feature and it didnt involve a phone, it was on the 12 inch display during the video of the recording and playback.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not where my information came from, it was from someone demoing the on trail usage of the feature and it didnt involve a phone, it was on the 12 inch display during the video of the recording and playback.
This is really great info and haven‘t seen that.

I would love to see this in action!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thank you but i thought it was a mirror mount type
What made you think that? Most are either suction cup or uses a mirror mount stuck to the inside windshield. I used the 'sticky' mount, and it works fine, hasn't fallen off in 3 years but can be removed if if you want. Video is awesome and wide angle, plus it GPS tags every clip.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What made you think that? Most are either suction cup or uses a mirror mount stuck to the inside windshield. I used the 'sticky' mount, and it works fine, hasn't fallen off in 3 years but can be removed if if you want. Video is awesome and wide angle, plus it GPS tags every clip.
i was talking about the mirror cameras and assumed you were too .... my bad .... SRY

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take it from someone that has multiple vehicles, all with different dashcams. Nexar sucks, Garmins are amazing, but pricey, or you can spend $60 for a good Chinese one and never have an issue.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is really great info and haven‘t seen that.

I would love to see this in action!
Hopefully it wasnt an early preproduction consideration and now lost in the bin of "too hard". From what I remember as well, iirc it was tied to the onboard navigation trail feature as well, so it also might be behind a paywall of the optional navigation feature and subscription service they have.

This might be why we havent heard much about it since then, but I want to say this video was in the wild late last year when I saw it. Wish I had the video bookmarked but didnt think much of it at the time.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it wasnt an early preproduction consideration and now lost in the bin of "too hard". From what I remember as well, iirc it was tied to the onboard navigation trail feature as well, so it also might be behind a paywall of the optional navigation feature and subscription service they have.

This might be why we havent heard much about it since then, but I want to say this video was in the wild late last year when I saw it. Wish I had the video bookmarked but didnt think much of it at the time.
Cool. There definitely has been a dearth of info around the trail navigation stuff. I'm certainly hungry for more.

I'm going to have to find that video. I don't remember seeing any videos on the Ford Performance App / Trail Navigation stuff.

RayRay

Outer Banks
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller blades
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone know if this will work on the Bronco?
Plugs into the auto dimming rear view mirror and provides USB power.

“”SimpleUSBPort Automotive Mirror to Dashcam Voltage Converter (16-pin, Select Ford Vehicles)

Ford Bronco Any Dash-cam suggestions for Bronco?    Can I use Bronco camera as Dash-cam? 61WI-9li24L._AC_SX522_

Sponsored

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is it even worth getting a dash cam? I would want something that can record even when the car is off, I am more concerned with the car being messed with while parked vs accidents on the highway. Even though Sh*t happens everywhere at anytime.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it even worth getting a dash cam? I would want something that can record even when the car is off, I am more concerned with the car being messed with while parked vs accidents on the highway. Even though Sh*t happens everywhere at anytime.

Blackvue cameras offer this feature with "parking mode" My only issue with BlackVue has been that the microSD is not easy to take out and the wifi is slow (if you opt out of using their cloud environment). In addition to ease of SD removal, I liked my old VIOFO better because I could press a button to record an "event" that may or may not have been picked up by the motion sensors. BUT.. Viofo doesn't have parking mode as far as I know.

I use this site for good information and reviews as well as purchasing dash cams:
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/

I was thinking of mounting places when I noticed... are these slits functional?
Ford Bronco Any Dash-cam suggestions for Bronco?    Can I use Bronco camera as Dash-cam? 1619190585995

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad I read this thread; I actually came here to ask if the front camera on the Bronco could be utilized as a dash cam as well.

I own a Blackvue dash camera, and I love it. Awesome quality and easy to use; nothing but compliments from me. But someone's comment on here about theft with the roof off is a good call out. The nice thing with the Blackvue is the camera can be popped out of the mount and hidden/locked in the centre console/glove box.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As pricey as it may be, I've been budgeting to pick up a Blackvue camera, at least one of the cheaper front/rear models. Not going to go all out with the 4G cloud support but at least something better than the Mini 0807s I have in my current cars.

Image quality is decent on the cheap Mini cameras but they tend to have SD and power issues. Supercapacitor stopped working so I have to have it running 24/7 to prevent losing the most recent video when I shut my car off. Randomly it'll stop recording and force me to reformat both SD cards to continue recording, losing everything up to that point.

Even with a good dashcam, it's a good habit to say license plates out loud if you suspect anything is going to happen -- someone driving recklessly ahead of you.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest interest in a dash/rear cam is the parking mode feature. I am ok with spending a good amount of $ by maintaining the peace of mind that my Bronco is being monitored while I'm not there.

Here are a couple cams I am considering, and any experienced feedback on these models would be greatly appreciated:

https://us.thinkware.com/q800pro/
https://www.viofo.com/en/home/149-v...-rear-dual-channel-wi-fi-gps-dash-camera.html
https://us.thinkware.com/u1000/
https://www.vantrue.net/Goods/detail/gid/29.html

The Blackvue suggestion also looks like a solid option and I'm adding that to my list too.
https://blackvue.com/product/dr750x-2ch-plus/
Sponsored