Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Subaru Impreza, 13 VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Peeps, I keep doing recon passes at my local Ford dealer (Hoffman Ford East Hartford, CT) to see if there are any full size broncs. No luck yet. Just a couple of sports out front. I need to get into one of these guys and test drive before I can put my order in.
I did call the dealer, and he said most likely early June - But that was before the whole weak @$$ supply chain chip shortage, Hardtop shortage, Tire shortage (did I miss anything? - LOL)
any Word on the street when some dealer demos will show up?
Sponsored

MaxLD

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Peeps, I keep doing recon passes at my local Ford dealer (Hoffman Ford East Hartford, CT) to see if there are any full size broncs. No luck yet. Just a couple of sports out front. I need to get into one of these guys and test drive before I can put my order in.
I did call the dealer, and he said most likely early June - But that was before the whole weak @$$ supply chain chip shortage, Hardtop shortage, Tire shortage (did I miss anything? - LOL)
any Word on the street when some dealer demos will show up?
Most of New England already had a few pre-production demos to sit in and look at, but if you're looking to test drive one, you'd probably have to wait until 2022. This is because Bronco orders are being built and delivered to the dealer to immediately sell, not put up on display.

OP
OP
LarryL9797

LarryL9797

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most of New England already had a few pre-production demos to sit in and look at, but if you're looking to test drive one, you'd probably have to wait until 2022. This is because Bronco orders are being built and delivered to the dealer to immediately sell, not put up on display.
Hmmmm.... Model year 2022 ( when does the model year flip?) Or like after Jan 1, 2022?

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not entirely accurate...dealers will get mannequins that can be test driven but CAN'T be sold until they have so many miles or so many months of having it on the lot.

MaxLD

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmmm.... Model year 2022 ( when does the model year flip?) Or like after Jan 1, 2022?
Any Bronco built in the first quarter of Ford's 2022 production schedule will be a 22MY, however due to high demand, many people will be receiving 22MY Broncos until all orders are delivered. I'd doubt there will be any dealer demos there for the first few months in 2022. Id expect them to start shipping out demos around Spring 2022.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not true at all. Most dealers have 1-2 test drive vehicles (Mannequins) that are being produced now, and will be delivered before almost all customer vehicles. The dealers can't sell those for a long period of time, by agreement with Ford.

OP
OP
LarryL9797

LarryL9797

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not entirely accurate...dealers will get mannequins that can be test driven but CAN'T be sold until they have so many miles or so many months of having it on the lot.
Yea, I saw that post on the main site that there was a parking lot of broncos labeled "not for sale" maybe these are the dealer demos..... maybe.... all this based on zero experience or knowledge- LOL

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously, quite the wrong answer.
They are indeed making several thousand Broncos for the dealers to have as test drive units. They are not supposed to sell them until certain amount of months or mileage is reached.
I forget the proper acronym fir the program, but essentially they are handled like service loaner vehicles.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FCTP program. Dealer's are getting Broncos to do whatever they want with... I'm sure some will lock them up in the showroom... but others will surely let people drive them... and they could even put them into service loaner rotation:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rives-updated-with-accessory-pack-info.10364/

After 6 months they can be sold as used vehicles.

These Broncos are the first to be produced, and will ship as soon as the OKTB gets issued. They should be among the very first to show up at dealerships.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those that have ordered one already, expect the dealership to call you late June to let you know they have one available to test drive. I think it will be another 2-4 weeks before dealerships have any at all. Since they haven't even produced enough for all the dealerships in the country yet, it could be late July before the smaller/lower priority dealerships have a mannequin.

OP
OP
LarryL9797

LarryL9797

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those that have ordered one already, expect the dealership to call you late June to let you know they have one available to test drive. I think it will be another 2-4 weeks before dealerships have any at all. Since they haven't even produced enough for all the dealerships in the country yet, it could be late July before the smaller/lower priority dealerships have a mannequin.
Its all good ... I'm good with waiting another 4 weeks (or so) to get a test drive....

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its all good ... I'm good with waiting another 4 weeks (or so) to get a test drive....
I don't think I will be getting my Bronc this year, so part of me feels the same way. If I test drive in the next month and get super excited while driving it I might then end up super bummed I have to wait another 6 months for mine, so mixed emotions for me.

OP
OP
LarryL9797

LarryL9797

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think I will be getting my Bronc this year, so part of me feels the same way. If I test drive in the next month and get super excited while driving it I might then end up super bummed I have to wait another 6 months for mine, so mixed emotions for me.
💯 💯 💯
Sponsored