Sponsored

Any disadvantage with Swaybar disconnect?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, I understand well the advantage of having the swaybar disconnect offered by the Badlands. I was wondering though if there are any technical disadvantage with having it? For exemple worst reliability, or worst handling at higher speed?

I will do some off-roading with my Bronco, but I am not sure I’ll need the swaybar disco so I am trying to decide between Badlands and Wildtrack. If the swaybar disco brings some cons to the equation, I might go wildtrack.
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, I understand well the advantage of having the swaybar disconnect offered by the Badlands. I was wondering though if there are any technical disadvantage with having it? For exemple worst reliability, or worst handling at higher speed?

I will do some off-roading with my Bronco, but I am not sure I’ll need the swaybar disco so I am trying to decide between Badlands and Wildtrack. If the swaybar disco brings some cons to the equation, I might go wildtrack.
wildtrack i believe has the GOFAST mode that the other models do not have. Its a dune runner vs the badlands which is more of a rock/trail crawler

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there ever is a problem with it I'm just going to chuck it. Drove for years without front & rear sway bars on my XJ.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They suck when disconnected at high speeds.
Although, they are supposed to re-connect above 20mph.

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope it is robust. I doubt it’s anything I’ll use much if ever but I don’t want it to be problematic. My buddy’s JKU was a nonrubicon so he removed the Sway bar bolts and swapped them with pins and hitch clips. When needed, just hop out and pull the pin and bam, disco action. (I didn’t endorse this for street use)

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering this also, it seems to me to be an entirely new system of disconnecting the stabilizer bar, and i wonder about reliability of it, as well as the cost of repair in the event that it does go.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No disadvantage beside a more complicated piece of equipment than a steel bar. Some with JKs do not like the Jeep version due to failure. I've never had an issue with mine.

That said Ford is bragging about how robust the hydraulic design is. Time will tell.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Note: this is due to the electronics housing prone to water damage and not simply having disconnects. It's a complicated convenience, but I hope it's executed flawlessly.
And it’s possible that some sort of hydraulics failure could cause the same sort of malfunction in the Bronco. That being said, I’m excited about the feature in the Badlands.

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good point. In my simple mind any complication is a potential weak spot.
I do not need it but I am sure it in invaluable for serious rock crawling.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my mind it's just something else to go wrong. If the sway bar really limits articulation to being a problem, I'd rather have a manual disconnect. I just like more simple solutions that I have to worry about less. May never be an issue though.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....I do not need it but I am sure it in invaluable for serious rock crawling.
I'll disconnect mine on flat bumpy ground as well, it reduces the bounciness in side to side movement in that scenario.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it fails, probably around $1500 to replace. Also, since it is hydraulic you might gets leaks when the hoses or seals age.
Sponsored