First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone want to share pics of their DIY 6G Bronco bumpers and or winch mounts so we can copy your ideas? Since it is what you wanted, and you like what you created, hopefully people won't dump all over your work.
Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had mine I would dive into building one. but still waiting.

OP
OP
JKommuter

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I had mine I would dive into building one. but still waiting.
I have mine, and after seeing the aftermarket bumper offerings and their prices, I decided to go DIY. I haven't started yet, but I did the same on my JK, started with a winch plate and constructed a bumper around it. At $3K I can build a bumper, and buy a few tools. Plasma cutter is on the way. 😁

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plasma cutter always seems like a good idea, but you spend just as much if not more time cleaning up a cut edge than just doing it with a cutoff wheel and a steady hand the first time. Unless you're just hack stick welding some plates together. I tig weld tight joints and prefer a straight clean fit up.

OP
OP
JKommuter

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plasma cutter always seems like a good idea, but you spend just as much if not more time cleaning up a cut edge than just doing it with a cutoff wheel and a steady hand the first time. Unless you're just hack stick welding some plates together. I tig weld tight joints and prefer a straight clean fit up.
I'm more of a hack mig welder, LOL. To be honest the plasma is also driven by a cnc I want. arcdroid, not available yet but if they build it I want one. I'm not willing to fund their indigogo launch, but I'll buy one if they eventually ship them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more of a hack mig welder, LOL. To be honest the plasma is also driven by a cnc I want. arcdroid, not available yet but if they build it I want one. I'm not willing to fund their indigogo launch, but I'll buy one if they eventually ship them.
super excited on the Arcdroid, also on the fence about funding the start up. very curious to see how it works out for folks.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That arcdroid looks like a game changer if it doesn't break the bank. I'm considering building a 4x4 or 4x2 table based on LinuxCNC for my old Hobart plasma but it's hard to justify the cost and floor space when I hear such good things about SendCutSend. I'm in a similar position where the CNC would encourage more usage of the plasma, which I've really only used for odd projects where I needed big circles (using SWAG radius tool) or long straight cuts using a fence and roller standoff. Oh, and it did come in handy when I cut out the entire rear floor of a Geo Metro to put a Buick FWD powertrain back there but I'm not planning to do that again 😁

Your bumper looks solid and I think mounting the winch above the IC opening as tight to the grill as possible is the way to go.
Sponsored