First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m still trying to decide which direction I’ll go.
I like the idea of a basket and I have an extended Yakima basket (or another brand - too long ago to remember) if I go with regular roof rails and crossbars.

I came across this one that I hadn’t seen here before:

Baja Rack for Bronco

Anyone have experience?
Thanks
Sponsored

DenverBronc

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested in any feedback on this rack as well.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What exactly do you want to know?

DenverBronc

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What made you go with Baja over the other brands? Likes/dislikes so far? Noticeable difference in wind noise? I like the look of these racks but still waiting on my hardtop.

bigvo9

Everglades
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I've been researching racks for the past week and came across this old thread with no response. Nice to know someone else is considering!

This rack is on top of my list for now. I've been in contact with Baja to see if they have low profile cross bars similar to what Gobi offers, but they don't. I had a Gobi on my 4Runner and loved it. Used it for my RTT and it was really sturdy. I like the Baja rack because of it's mounting points and basket design. I plan on going topless in the spring/summer and this rack looks easy to take on and off.

I'll probably pull the trigger in the next few days. Trying to find some reviews on it regarding wind noise, stability, etc. There's not much out there.

BTW, they're offering 15% off accessories. I added the rack in my cart and never checked out so they gave me a coupon code to come back.

Sponsored

Irishladdie

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey hey
How doni get the coupon code?
I have my Baja rack being installed tomorrow so will give updates.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Baja rack on my FJ Cruiser years ago. Great product- well made, sturdy and looked great too. Will be interested to see how someone feels about the bronco version.

bigvo9

Everglades
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Hey hey
How doni get the coupon code?
I have my Baja rack being installed tomorrow so will give updates.
I got the coupon code by adding something into my cart but never checked out. I didn't even know I added my email for them to email me to come back to it. Gave me a coupon code. i think it was welcomeback15. It only works on accessories though.

My rack got shipped earlier this week. Was supposed to get it today, but it's been pushed to Monday. Hopefully you like yours. I wish the wind deflector sat lower and covered the gap from the roof to the rack like the other racks do. I wonder how this will impact wind noise.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What made you go with Baja over the other brands? Likes/dislikes so far? Noticeable difference in wind noise? I like the look of these racks but still waiting on my hardtop.
I went with Baja because I’ve had good experience in the past. I love the look of the rack as well as the mounting of it. With any roof rack you will have a little more noise which is normal. But most of the time I hear my exhaust and audio more than any wind noise. Hwy there is some but not enough to irritate me. I love this rack design over prinsu and every one else since they mostly mount their fairings on the painted portion of the windshield. Which in return rub paint. Most of the time into bare metal.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just purchased the Bajarack for my 2-door. Once it shows up I'll post my impressions. It was between Bajarack and TrailRax. I went with Baja because it appears to be a sturdier design, it's a solid one-piece steel cage. I don't like the looks of the multi-piece aluminum bolted-together racks, they look cheap to me. I would have preferred a "flat" rack instead of a "basket".. but Baja doesn't offer one for the Bronco yet. The flatter the rack the better the areo-dynamics. That is my only beef. I hope the wind noise isn't too terrible..

Once I get the rack I plan to install custom cross-bars on the basket, for mounting a RTT. I'll use 1in steel tubes and these tube mounts from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M62MGSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Due to garage height limits, I had to cancel the order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

oneakapelwa

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those looking at a Bajarack, I have been driving with mine for about a month. I am entirely happy with the purchase so far. This is a single piece rack, which made installation straight forward, especially compared to some of the other available racks on the market. At 75 pounds I was able to get it lifted on my own (using some ratchet straps and eye hooks screwed into garage rafters), and installed in under an hour. It's an easy enough process that it wouldn't stress me out if I ever have to temporarily take it off.

It's a high quality product. The rack/brackets are powder coated stainless steel, and I was surprised at just how secure/sturdy it rides. You essentially have limitless tie off points with the basket, and so far the boxes and coolers I've put up there haven't budged.

As mentioned in previous posts, it does add quite a bit of height--I had a moment of panic when I realized I might not be able to get out of the garage. I barely squeaked under, though I would not be keeping it if I regularly had to park in my garage. It's a design trade-off for maintaining ability to remove the front panels.

At 75 mph there is some added noise. Certainly not intolerable, and I'm not sure there is a roof rack that won't add some level of noise at highway speeds.

As of this posting it looks like Bajarack is still running a 20% discount ($1,080 for the 2 door).
Overall, I'm a satisfied customer. Basically adds a flatbed and expands the versatility of a car for which the main drawback was limited space until now.

Ford Bronco Any experience with Baja Racks on Bronco IMG_0345.JPEG
Ford Bronco Any experience with Baja Racks on Bronco IMG_0332.JPEG
Sponsored