DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is at its highest. It can be lowered, but you’ll have to be careful about overhanging your hood.
Thanks.…so you Could lower it to lower than the height of the Bronco, and wheel it into garage? I have low ceilings in my garage and Sas Bronco won’t clear the overhead garage door and opener.
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes it can be lowered to lower than the Bronco height. I’m at work now but will be happy to measure the lowest it can go when I get home.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it looks like you have a big cardboard box in the center but you said prop up each side of the top with cardboard. What’s the center box for? Also whats it like putting the top back on, lowering it back down on cardboard boxes?

im not against doing this if it’s reasonable but spending $1k for the lift thats not the right fit is tough call. My garage ceilings too low for a hoist and this just seems much easier than a hoist anyway.
The front and center box is just to level it out. Mine got tweaked a bit since the top on my FJ40 is so damn heavy. I already had the lift, so I made it work. Adapt and overcome 😂. If I can free up the lift some day, I have a plan to strengthen it for the HD use I self imposed with the FJ40 top.

I haven't touched it since March, but yes, I'd have to wheel it into place, then stuff some boxes in there before releasing the lift and rolling away. Then one side at a time remove the box spacers. I'm sure something more slick could be figures out, perhaps with a transmission jack rigged up to lift the top enough to get the Top Lift Pro over the cross bar. I just did what I had to do the day I did it, with no design intent at the time. It was an unseasonably nice day in March for NJ, and wanted to install the Bestop Trektop.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks.…so you Could lower it to lower than the height of the Bronco, and wheel it into garage? I have low ceilings in my garage and Sas Bronco won’t clear the overhead garage door and opener.
Ford Bronco Any experience with TopLift Pros 1656677377130

Some height would need to be added to account for the top itself, but if your door is at least 6' tall you should be good.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got a Toplift Pro off Craigslist for $350. It’s handy, but I wouldn’t pay anymore than I did. It’s the ultimate unnecessary luxury convenience.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a Toplift Pro off Craigslist for $350. It’s handy, but I wouldn’t pay anymore than I did. It’s the ultimate unnecessary luxury convenience.
Unless you like to do things by yourself (or have to because no helper). I'm pretty sure the ultimate unnecessary luxury convenience would be the lux package to get a heated steering wheel. Putting gloves is much easier than calling a helper to take your hard top off and back on every time you feel like it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its pricey but hardly an unnecessary luxury convenience if you can’t do a ceiling hoist and don’t always have someone around to help you remove the top and put it back on. I guess removing the top is technically unnecessary or even having a Bronco at all.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, it’s totally unnecessary for ME. I’ve taken it off by myself plenty of times. It’s not that heavy. I find the middle panel more of the pain in the ass to do solo than the clamshell. If my wife’s around she helps me, which she usually is. If you don’t have someone to help I get it, but if you do this thing is less convenient than just taking it off, and takes up a lot of garage space. Like I said it’s handy for those who need it.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, it’s totally unnecessary for ME. I’ve taken it off by myself plenty of times. It’s not that heavy. I find the middle panel more of the pain in the ass to do solo than the clamshell. If my wife’s around she helps me, which she usually is. If you don’t have someone to help I get it, but if you do this thing is less convenient than just taking it off, and takes up a lot of garage space. Like I said it’s handy for those who need it.
I agree that this is a luxury item for most folks out there. Given that I'm usually left to myself for things like this, and I didn't want my roof hanging right in front of my workbench in my garage, this is a good solution for me. Is it expensive? Absolutely. But it does make taking the clamshell off by yourself a breeze compared to trying to lift it off solo (I'd be afraid of breaking something). Getting it lined up for re-install is equally simple as the lift moves around pretty freely.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 69 years old. I can still take the center section of my 4dr off relatively easy but no way I could remove the rear by myself. Bought the Toplift Pro…..takes less then 5 minutes to remove or install the entire top.
I bought the Rockworx tool less bolts, but went back to the original torx bolts as they can be removed/installed faster with my cordless ratchet than I could the Rockworx by hand.
I’m very happy with my Toplift Pro.

Sponsored

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got mine off FB Marketplace used. Advantages buying used: still looks like new, usually over 1/2 price of new, already assembled, no shipping. Disadvantages of buying used: You have to pick it up, waiting to see one at the right price. Most guys think they can get $700-800 used because they paid so much new but from my experience they don't sell and come down in price. But when it comes down in price you got to be ready to buy cause they go quick. I really like mine. Makes removal and installation easy. It is a luxury but there were just too many drawbacks for me with the overhead hoist arrangement to go that route. The Rollin Jack was too much cranking. Looked like that would get old quick. Good luck

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have the same question. Entrance to my garage has a 6’ height clearance. Sounds like the question has been answered - when I take hard top off the back of the Bronco I would need to lower the Toplift holding the back part of the hardtop lower than 6’ to get into my garage.

Can someone please confirm that this can be lowered to under 6’ to be rolled into garage?

Thx
Sponsored