Any experiences with this??

homeslice5177

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford F150, 2021 Ford Bronco ( on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be gone the week 0f 12/6, there is a possibility it comes in when I am gone. Has anyone had experiences where the dealer allows people to drive your bronco before you pick it up? Im worried about that. I can see that happening.....
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on your dealer Id be more worried about the dealer selling it before you get it than worried about others test driving it. Dealers have demos for test rides so I don't think they are looking to customer orders for that. Seems like you might have concerns about your dealer so I would make sure you are in communication with them of your intentions before leaving.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be gone the week 0f 12/6, there is a possibility it comes in when I am gone. Has anyone had experiences where the dealer allows people to drive your bronco before you pick it up? Im worried about that. I can see that happening.....
Any good dealer should not let anyone drive it. But you should communicate with them that you don't want anyone to drive it when it gets in. I told my dealer that no one was to drive it unless it was absolutely necessary, and they respected that.
Good luck.

OP
OP
homeslice5177

homeslice5177

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford F150, 2021 Ford Bronco ( on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The policy will depend on your dealer. Technically speaking the dealer owns the Bronco until you take delivery, so ultimately they can do whatever they want.

For my dealer, they will allow customers to view the vehicle, give them a tour of the interior, etc. But they will not put any miles on the vehicle outside of taking it to the shop for inspection/cleaning and the local gas station for its first fuel-up.
That’s what I am hoping for. I have bought many cars from my dealer as well as sent many customers in as well. I hope that repor goes along way

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Technically speaking the dealer owns the Bronco until you take delivery, so ultimately they can do whatever they want.
I guess if this gets repeated enough times it becomes true?

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer is the intermediary between Ford and yourself, after you have email confirmations from Ford with VIN #, stating "your Bronco", you have every right to instruct the dealer what the rules are after truck delivery, which includes whether you want options installed, others to have access to it or let alone drive it.

If your dealer has 2 cents worth of decency, he will do exactly as you ask.

On the flip side, if it is a dealer ordered vehicle and you are buying from his "stock/inventory" where the vehicle being delivered was just promised to you by the dealer, well then I guess he can do what he wants until you sign and pay.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My salesman locked mine and put the keys in his desk so that nobody would fondle my rig until I got there. They even left all the plastic on the seats and stickers in place.

STLDAVE

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealers do this all the time. I bought a car off the showroom floor last year showing 9 miles on the odometer. We finished the paperwork and I paid for it, so it was now mine. Rather than take it home, I left it overnight for the service department to install a self-dimming mirror with Homelink. When I picked it up, the car had 20 miles on it. When I asked about the extra miles, they said they took it to fill the gas tank for me. Sure you did. The gas station they use is less than one mile away. So, I'm guessing it was used for a demo drive, to get lunch, or just a joy ride to put that unaccounted for 9 miles on the odometer. Buyer beware.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Until the vehicle is paid for in full, either through cash, loan or lease, you don't own it... do you think otherwise?
I was disagreeing with the notion that the dealer owns it and can do whatever they want.

But as far as whether the customer owns a special order vehicle before delivery, Ford certainly wants the customer to think it’s their vehicle, even telling the customer it’ll be secured for them by their deposit.

Ford Bronco Any experiences with this?? 15EEC797-41B2-4C8E-B583-FBB0769FFC88

Sponsored

bchapa2002

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My salesman locked mine and put the keys in his desk so that nobody would fondle my rig until I got there. They even left all the plastic on the seats and stickers in place.
Make friends with your sales guy. Mine put it on the showroom floor with a tag "SOLD PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH" and also locked the keys in his desk.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I ordered my 2017 Raptor, to make sure the dealer didn’t use it as a demo, I made a special request to leave all the plastics, stickers, factory stuff on it until I pick it up. Guarantees they can’t take it for any joy rides

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont worry a bit we are professionals
Ford Bronco Any experiences with this?? Screenshot_20211009-162427_Gallery

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although slightly different than your situation, when I leave our BMW M2 Competition for service, I photograph the odometer and leave strict instructions that it not be driven off the lot. Stories abound of mechanic misdeeds. Did you see the recent one in California where a dealer mechanic took a new corvette for a joy ride, raced a Challenger and hit 150mph? The owner discovered it on an imbedded dash cam. They ended up giving him a brand new corvette.

In your case, the worry is test drives. I'd do two things, first extract a promise from your sales advisor that absolutely no one is to drive it off the lot. Second, get a good friend to go to the dealer and take a picture of odometer when it comes off the truck. Even w/o the picture, if the car has more than just a very few miles when you take delivery, you'll know the answer. Get the promise, preferrably via email or something written.

If they sell it out from under you, sue them for breach of contract.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers do this all the time. I bought a car off the showroom floor last year showing 9 miles on the odometer. We finished the paperwork and I paid for it, so it was now mine. Rather than take it home, I left it overnight for the service department to install a self-dimming mirror with Homelink. When I picked it up, the car had 20 miles on it. When I asked about the extra miles, they said they took it to fill the gas tank for me. Sure you did. The gas station they use is less than one mile away. So, I'm guessing it was used for a demo drive, to get lunch, or just a joy ride to put that unaccounted for 9 miles on the odometer. Buyer beware.
The same thing happened to my friend.
Sponsored