Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was but it was not related to geometry. I purchased rpg tie rods and the bolt they provide to go into the rack was to short. It did not have enough tread engagement and it stripped out.
Could you elaborate on the fix for that? I have a set of those tie rods coming in
Sponsored

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could you elaborate on the fix for that? I have a set of those tie rods coming in
Not sure if they fixed on their tie rods. The bilt that holds the clevis to the steering rack was to short. It would only engage about 2 threads

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My initial review from recent King install on another thread...
Great install. I have the Bronco King's 2.5 on my Badlands.
I had to have my off road shop install mine then went to Ford for alignment. For those of us without the skills, time or ambition to self install I paid $475 for the install plus I had to have an alignment after.

Just had them installed a few last week and went off roading on a 25 mile loop of old mountain fire trails with some washed out ruts and rocks. The King's performed great. The trail I took was on is very similar to the higher speed trails at Nevada Off -Roadeo. I noticed their Badlands SAS would bottom out and I exceeded the suspensions limits a few times. (At Off-Roadeo, I was the lead Bronco so our instructor let me drive faster than typical.)

I knew after my Off Roadeo trip, I needed to upgrade the shocks or live with slowing down...My set up with the King's on a similar trail to Off Roadeo this weekend while driving faster, I never felt like I was even close to the limit of the shocks. On small chop they are very smooth, but on the big whoops or washouts I found they excel.
Looking forward to trying them on higher speed desert runs, just waiting for cooler weather. But even on switch back mountain pass trails where you can get up to 40mph, the shocks make a noticeable difference. Noticeably a lot more comfortable off road and when the rut pops up in-front of you, you just soak it up.

On-Road,,, A little stiffer than stock BL SAS shocks, but in a good way. Not hash, just noticed less body roll and overall stiffness had a slight increase. But off-road they had the bronco performing at a noticlby high level and gave me way more confidence.

I had the adjuster on the King's set in the middle of the range.

fordguru

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 2 raptor, 20 expedition max, bronco ba/sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My initial review from recent King install on another thread...
Great install. I have the Bronco King's 2.5 on my Badlands.
I had to have my off road shop install mine then went to Ford for alignment. For those of us without the skills, time or ambition to self install I paid $475 for the install plus I had to have an alignment after.

Just had them installed a few last week and went off roading on a 25 mile loop of old mountain fire trails with some washed out ruts and rocks. The King's performed great. The trail I took was on is very similar to the higher speed trails at Nevada Off -Roadeo. I noticed their Badlands SAS would bottom out and I exceeded the suspensions limits a few times. (At Off-Roadeo, I was the lead Bronco so our instructor let me drive faster than typical.)

I knew after my Off Roadeo trip, I needed to upgrade the shocks or live with slowing down...My set up with the King's on a similar trail to Off Roadeo this weekend while driving faster, I never felt like I was even close to the limit of the shocks. On small chop they are very smooth, but on the big whoops or washouts I found they excel.
Looking forward to trying them on higher speed desert runs, just waiting for cooler weather. But even on switch back mountain pass trails where you can get up to 40mph, the shocks make a noticeable difference. Noticeably a lot more comfortable off road and when the rut pops up in-front of you, you just soak it up.

On-Road,,, A little stiffer than stock BL SAS shocks, but in a good way. Not hash, just noticed less body roll and overall stiffness had a slight increase. But off-road they had the bronco performing at a noticlby high level and ga veme way more confidence.

I had the adjuster on the King's set in the middl e of the range.
I.
I can’t find the install thread can you post? Thanks

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi,
I had my off road shop do the install. So I won’t be much help there.

Sponsored

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I.
I can’t find the install thread can you post? Thanks
Go to the youtube Baja Designs channel the have a really good install video. The only thing I would add is knocking the lower studs on the front coil overs out to make them easier to remove and not sure if you need to remove the steering shaft as they show. Other videos do not note that.

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have switched to Kings from the stock SAS setup on my Wildtrak. The King preload is the same as delivered and I have the adjusters all the way out.

My initial impression is that the Kings have less initial plushness than stock. I expected this and it rides more like the sport suspension I have in my Audi now instead of the cushy stock feel. I can feel more small imperfections in the road than before, but it is a nice ride. This is suspension made for offroad. I do think that as described by someone else it will be better for highspeed off road than stock.

I may have went Fox had the option been available because a few suspension tuners have stated that the Fox set up can be tuned for a better on-road feel but still be really good off-road.

Thanks, Mike

First Name
BDS Suspension
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bds-suspension.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FOX is taking the slow/steady approach to development. Prototype coilovers exist and have been installed on a number of high profile builds. They're expected to hit the market soon.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FOX is taking the slow/steady approach to development. Prototype coilovers exist and have been installed on a number of high profile builds. They're expected to hit the market soon.
I have them 'pre-ordered' Can't wait to get them on.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just got a couple sets of Kings with adjusters in at the office. I am really liking how they set up the coils and the fit up looks aces. Saw some of these out in the wild and they are definitely pretty killer. Hit up Shock Surplus and ask for the Bowman discount, and we can hook you up.
https://www.shocksurplus.com/
Sponsored