broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t seen any review of the Fox 2.5 and Kings or similar on the Bronco yet.
Anyone got those and can say if the difference for high speed off roading is huge and worth $5000 over the Sasquatch ones?

Is the travel improved? What’s the biggest different you feel off road? On road?

I have a Sasquatched badlands and I like it. But with the trunk loaded for the weekend, it’s a bit heavy and on fast trails I bottom out regularly so I think an adjustable would help here.

Also, are the Fox from HOSS 3.0 adjustable?
Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No personal experience, but I came across this the other day...

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks for the video. They don’t really review it except for discussing a fit issue with the reservoir

FTNBubba

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the BDS kit on order with the Fox 2.5’s and it wont be here until mid May to early June. Will post reviews along with measurements as soon as they arrive.

I will say the UCA they sent to the shop doing the work is nice.
Ford Bronco Any Fox / King review yet? F274EE41-7CEF-498C-B7F1-D5B637542CE9

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, are the Fox from HOSS 3.0 adjustable?
The HOSS 3.0 Fox Struts are non-adjustable.
They are Internal Bypass and should work better then the HOSS Bilstien set-up.
They will likely be un-obtainium unless someone orders for the HD Rack and takes them off for aftermarket coilovers.

Sponsored

CASM920

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bump - No one running Fox or Kings with input on how they ride on road and off road?

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think any are out yet. Tried to buy a set in beginning of the year with no luck. I ended up going with 4wheel parts coil overs since they are made at the same factory. They have been great off road very similar ride as the Bilstein on road.

Last edited:

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Oscargrouch323 has had Kings on his 4-door Base Sasquatch for quite a while now, maybe he can chime in here. He seems to like them and he spends more time off-road than most folks.

They weren't in the OP's question but the ICON coilovers are finally shipping out. At this point they might be more readily available through stocking dealers than the other brands. I've driven the ICON 4-door on the CDEV coilovers and it's pretty badass. We had it and a Sasquatch 4-door out at Johnson Valley a couple weeks ago for a head-to-head comparison. I think there will be a video out on that soon.

BTW someone mentioned the 4WP coilovers were made in the same factory as Kings, I'm not sure that's true. I had heard they were being made by Walker Evans.

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had my kings for well over 7 months now and they are great shocks. At first I had the sasquatch shocks with a levelingkit and it would bottom out on the whoops and jumps. Keep in mind I drive my bronco hard, dunes,rocks,trails...etc.. With the kings I adjust the dsc firm off road and I don't bottom out, when I get back on the road I put It to soft and it's butter smooth.
Now for the height i have mine at 2 inch lift with 37's and it does great. I do plan on raising it a bit more.

20220628_151236.jpg

Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had my kings for well over 7 months now and they are great shocks. At first I had the sasquatch shocks with a levelingkit and it would bottom out on the whoops and jumps. Keep in mind I drive my bronco hard, dunes,rocks,trails...etc.. With the kings I adjust the dsc firm off road and I don't bottom out, when I get back on the road I put It to soft and it's butter smooth.
Now for the height i have mine at 2 inch lift with 37's and it does great. I do plan on raising it a bit more.

Ford Bronco Any Fox / King review yet? 20220628_151236
How do you get your hands on the kings? It's sold out everywhere for months. Also what is the highest lift you can go? On the spect sheets it says 0-2".

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you get your hands on the kings? It's sold out everywhere for months. Also what is the highest lift you can go? On the spect sheets it says 0-2".
My work industry allowed me to get them soon as I got my bronco. The 0 to 2 lift is based on the rest of the geometry. Diffrent arms, different drom etc will allow more lift. Can you lift it more yes, but then you will have all those steering issues people have. Most of the broncos breaking are because their just lifting the bronco with no other upgrades.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My work industry allowed me to get them soon as I got my bronco. The 0 to 2 lift is based on the rest of the geometry. Diffrent arms, different drom etc will allow more lift. Can you lift it more yes, but then you will have all those steering issues people have. Most of the broncos breaking are because their just lifting the bronco with no other upgrades.
Isn’t your steering all messed up too sir? I remember you talking about it on Trail Militia

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn’t your steering all messed up too sir? I remember you talking about it on Trail Militia
It was but it was not related to geometry. I purchased rpg tie rods and the bolt they provide to go into the rack was to short. It did not have enough tread engagement and it stripped out.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was but it was not related to geometry. I purchased rpg tie rods and the bolt they provide to go into the rack was to short. It did not have enough tread engagement and it stripped out.
Ouch, similar thing happened to me. Switching out an inner (oem) and I went too fast ignoring how hard it was to thread in, and ended up stripping it. Thank goodness for tap and die!

Other than that, you’ve never broke any rods/messed up your rack?
Sponsored