Sponsored

Any guesses on 2 door soft top aftermarket design?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could see a Ford soft top for the 2DR being a 2022 thing.
Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The configurator posted somewhere else mentions that a canvas soft top is allowable. I believe Ford has it planned. Along with Bimini and mesh soft top.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. You would think there has to be a soft top option at some point. But bottom line is that a soft top is not listed in anything we've seen so far for the 2 door. So its highly unlikely that it will be an option in build/price or at order time. If it was anticipated, you would think they would not have omitted it. It's a glaring omission.

Of course the worry is if there was some design decision we're not aware of that makes a soft top not possible on the 2 door--roll bar design for example and simply no space left for one. Could you imagine getting a first year 2 door and finding out it was never planned? That would be a bummer.

While I agree hard tops look better, the whole idea of the vehicle is the open air experience, at least for me, and I won't be driving around $60K+ vehicle hoping it doesn't rain and wreck the interior or electronics and/or void my warranty.
Agreed, but I got faith in the aftermarket for a solution

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

looking like the bimini top is offered in two fabrics from the factory! I will wait for one in white canvas from the aftermarket!
Sponsored