Sponsored

Any incentive to finalize dealer/order quickly?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford is batching them after the last cutoff, just make sure you get yours in. Dealers playing games will happen, take as much risk as you want, Dealers can choose not to accept any new reservations, its their business.

Also make sure you get one of these from your dealer....

Ford Bronco Any incentive to finalize dealer/order quickly? 1610650760578
Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They can input the orders....but the orders don't get scheduled for production until late March.
You're splitting hairs. We're saying the same thing. After March order cutoff, Dealer/Ford sorts by reservation # and parts/options availability.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is batching them after the last cutoff, just make sure you get yours in. Dealers playing games will happen, take as much risk as you want, Dealers can choose not to accept any new reservations, its their business.

Also make sure you get one of these from your dealer....

Ford Bronco Any incentive to finalize dealer/order quickly? 1610650760578
You won't get one like that, thats from CONCEPS, Bronco will be only in WBDO so you'd get an "order summary" printout, same idea, but looks different.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this on another thread, but it seems applicable here.

My dealer has said that if they receive 100 allocations, they will contact customers based upon their reservation number. When they reach 100 orders they will no longer accept any further orders, until they receive their second allocation and the process starts over again. So waiting until later in February of March will result in not being able to order at all- even if you have a low reservation number.

They have also said that customers will be responsible for entering the orders, as we will NOT be allowed into the dealership to place orders due to COVID-19.
Of all the possible ways for them to handle allocations/orders I've read today, I'm hoping this is how they ALL handle it. (Not calling what you said a speculation, obviously you are telling us what your dealer said). It makes sense to me and also seems more fair than the situation where a reservation holder swaps dealers late in the game and bumps someone at their original dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoleDawg

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of all the possible ways for them to handle allocations/orders I've read today, I'm hoping this is how they ALL handle it. (Not calling what you said a speculation, obviously you are telling us what your dealer said). It makes sense to me and also seems more fair than the situation where a reservation holder swaps dealers late in the game and bumps someone at their original dealer.
I could get on board with that if Ford hadnā€™t said numerous times you can change your dealer whenever and never once indicated your reservation could get passed by doing so late. While weā€™ve yet to hear anything official from Ford regarding allocations, if that really is what is going to happen they have severely botched this launch.

I feel sorry for the PR guy that has to write up the announcement about how all this is going to work out.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer has said that if they receive 100 allocations, they will contact customers based upon their reservation number. When they reach 100 orders they will no longer accept any further orders, until they receive their second allocation and the process starts over again.
This just doesn't make sense to me. A dealer is going to turn away 70% of their customers (motivated enough buyers to put up $100) because they were not in the first allotment group?

Financial suicide. Those 70% are going to go elsewhere in time to order by March 19th.

Why wouldn't a dealer process all of their reservation holders whether they were in the first allotment group or not.? Especially since, as I understand it, confirmed orders play a large part in your allotment number the next time.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The process seems flawed and complicated. You have until March 19th to get your order in. But guess what your dealer is going to call you once to come in and order. Use it or lose it. They're going to the next person in line. They are not going to call you before each and every next person in line to see if you're ready.

When does the 2nd allocation come out? Will all 2nd allocation orders be build after 1st allocation orders? If you wait and are in the 2nd allocation but have an early reservation timestamp do you get your early spot back?

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see your point, but a 1st day reservation holder getting screwed by their dealer at the last minute is pretty messed up. Is right now, late in the game? Ordering hasn't started yet. I'm all for shopping local, I tried.

Sponsored

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posted this on another thread, but it seems applicable here.

My dealer has said that if they receive 100 allocations, they will contact customers based upon their reservation number. When they reach 100 orders they will no longer accept any further orders, until they receive their second allocation and the process starts over again. So waiting until later in February of March will result in not being able to order at all- even if you have a low reservation number.

They have also said that customers will be responsible for entering the orders, as we will NOT be allowed into the dealership to place orders due to COVID-19.
Thatā€™s exactly what my dealer called today and told me. She said they had 150 reservations but can only take 41 orders. Said it was the first 41 to show up. Not sure I believe her but Iā€™m a 1st day FE reservation so I know what I want so Iā€™m going first on Wednesday.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair point. Iā€™m assuming the dealer switch may happen sooner rather than later after my current dealer calls me to give me the honor of paying msrp, which seems to be all Atlanta area dealers.
Have you tried the Georgia group buy/shipping deal from Granger? Maybe Albert @Granger Ford can help you.
Sponsored