First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm getting a 2 door base Sasquatch. I watched a video and the push button sway bar disconnect really seems to work well on the Badlands. Has anyone seen a way to get that feature added on a Base Bronco?
Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait till you find one in the junkyard, and wire it into one of your Aux switches. Until then, I'll find a way to make some manual disconnects for mine, and experiment with removing the sway bar altogether.
(My XJ hasn't had a sway bar installed since 2004 or so, and I lived through daily driving it for over 100k miles like that. Same for the Welded rear differential. Fun in the snow!)

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait till you find one in the junkyard, and wire it into one of your Aux switches. Until then, I'll find a way to make some manual disconnects for mine, and experiment with removing the sway bar altogether.
(My XJ hasn't had a sway bar installed since 2004 or so, and I lived through daily driving it for over 100k miles like that. Same for the Welded rear differential. Fun in the snow!)
If you are going to pick one up at a junkyard why not just take the button that goes with the sway bar disconnect all bronco have a spot for the button.. :unsure:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's probably easier to wire the auxiliary switch vs having to figure out how to run wires through the dash and retrofit a switch that isn't already there

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are going to pick one up at a junkyard why not just take the button that goes with the sway bar disconnect all bronco have a spot for the button.. :unsure:
Mainly because the switches are kinda joined together by a singular peice of rubber, which looks like a pain to swap out. But also because it affords me another opportunity to be lazy and not have to wire in something on the dash, or figure out how to incorporate into whatever software goat mode bs is going on there. Simple on/off is sufficient, at least for me, and is easily accomplished by providing or cutting power to the coil on the hydraulic solenoid.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

K.I.S.S.
This acronym exists because it makes a ton of sense in a lot of situations and this is one of them.
Sponsored