Sponsored

Any inside news on the painted modular top?

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
While i love my MIC hardtop , i cant help but wonder how much better it would be if i could take panels off instead of the whole thing so my dog could get air.

Anybody in the know have any idea what the deal is with the mod top? did they scrap the idea? bringing design/manufacture in house after webasto disaster?

last i saw officially from ford was this
Ford Bronco Any inside news on the painted modular top? 2021 Bronco hardtop MIC vs Modular MOD top differences - Gunner's Hatch - removable rear windo
jan 2021 slide
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of the "insiders" have magically gotten their Broncos and all but disappeared from this site.... Interpret that as you wish.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why I was holding out for a 23 model and had my day 1 reservation 99'd. I eventually got a Raptor allocation, but am still wondering this as well. I'd like to have this top.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Would love an update. Will it be available in 2023 MY? White, body color, and black? Will it be limited to a "special edition?" Will it be late availability? And like you said, who is producing the top?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I predict that the painted modular top just mysteriously "goes away" and is never mentioned again by FOMOCO.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I predict that the painted modular top just mysteriously "goes away" and is never mentioned again by FOMOCO.
It will have to be mentioned by Ford to the dealers, because there are a bunch of orders with Priority Code 99 with “23MY Wait” specifically awaiting availability of the MOD Hard Tops.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of the "insiders" have magically gotten their Broncos and all but disappeared from this site.... Interpret that as you wish.
When there wasn't *any* official info... it promoted the leaks and speculation and spy shots, etc....

...now that Bronocos are a thing, the vast majority of people are getting their fix directly from FoMoCo... so there isn't the market for leaks and insider info anymore.

See Also: 21st Amendment to the United States Constitution

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When there wasn't *any* official info... it promoted the leaks and speculation and spy shots, etc....

...now that Bronocos are a thing, the vast majority of people are getting their fix directly from FoMoCo... so there isn't the market for leaks and insider info anymore.

Did someone say, “My dealer said…”? Oh well… good excuse to drink anyway!

Ford Bronco Any inside news on the painted modular top? E4316367-CADE-4CDA-AB78-28B9B244434F

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one will see the modular top until '25 or '26 the way things keep going.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't think there was a difference in the top except color. But by that picture looks to be different. I wonder if this type will hold up better than the other one, but knowing Ford's track record I don't believe so.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't think there was a difference in the top except color. But by that picture looks to be different. I wonder if this type will hold up better than the other one, but knowing Ford's track record I don't believe so.
There is zero difference in size and shape of the 4 door panels between MIC and MOD. Only difference is MOD windows are removable, although this was an issue in early prototypes.

2 door adds a “port hole” for the mod top.

The materials used in construction are vastly different.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I disagree. There is still so many things that Ford is not being transparent with and questions that continue to go unanswered.

I'm not saying that our various versions of Stigs would have been able to answer everything, but I can guarantee that without our insiders, nothing is getting answered.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. There is still so many things that Ford is not being transparent with and questions that continue to go unanswered.

I'm not saying that our various versions of Stigs would have been able to answer everything, but I can guarantee that without our insiders, nothing is getting answered.
I’m offended

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if it ever becomes available, it might be on a special edition, if anything, first......mass production option is probably a ways off and very likely a long, long time before you can order it as a part/accessory for your already delivered bronco

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally holding out for the mod-top, but here I am with the soft top.
Sponsored