Sponsored

Any issues with TPMS working in aftermarket wheels?

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have any issues with TPMS working properly when replacing OE wheels with aftermarket? I am about to dive into a set of Method 701's and am wondering if I need to tell the vendor anything about preserving TPMS capability so that I can continue to monitor pressure on screen.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you order the sensors with the wheels they should hopefully have them programmed to the correct frequency. I’ll also be finding this out shortly as I have wheels/tires on order with aftermarket sensors.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just replaced mine 2 weeks ago. TPMS installed by TireRack worked just fine. No issues. The beast never noticed the change.

OP
OP
mbagne

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just replaced mine 2 weeks ago. TPMS installed by TireRack worked just fine. No issues. The beast never noticed the change.
Thanks. I take it you had to order TPMS separately, they did not automatically come with he new wheels, correct?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks. I take it you had to order TPMS separately, they did not automatically come with he new wheels, correct?
They attach to the valve stem. You can purchase new or you can move your old ones over to the new valve stems.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mbagne

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They attach to the valve stem. You can purchase new or you can move your old ones over to the new valve stems.
There is a little supplement booklet to the Owner's Manual of the 2022 Bronco that states, among many other things, that the TPMS system was only designed to work with the Ford OE Wheels. It goes on to say that only wheels approved by Ford should ever be used (which of course we would expect them to say . . . no one I know heeds this directive). Anyway, I just wanted to see what other folks have done regarding TPMS and if problems materialized. Thanks for your input.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I was ordering a wheel/tire package I chose to get new ones installed prior to shipping as opposed to breaking down my old ones and removing the sensors. Thought that might also help with selling the old set too.
Sponsored