Sponsored

Any Luck Transferring MY21 Order to Another Dealership?

SpudHusker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck transferring a MY21 order to another dealership? I have been trying for roughly 2 weeks now. I have called Ford Marketing and have been told by the rep that they are allowing transfers; however, a supervisor has to do the transfer. The rep took all my information down and said a supervisor would call me back within 3 to 5 business days. It's been 10 business days now. I have called them several times now and went through the same process. Still waiting for a supervisor to call me back. Hoping someone has had better luck than me and willing to share how they accomplished it...

Update (10/23/21): I was finally able to reach a rep late yesterday after trying all day and the phone line eventually going dead every time. She informed me that instead of taking 3 to 5 days to hear back from Ford after making a dealership transfer request, that it will now take 5 to 10 days. She said there is such a huge demand that they are overwhelmed. I guess the goalpost has been moved...
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was hung up on twice today after holding for an hour. The call rang through with a message roughly saying, “there Ford finance number you are trying to reach is not active.”

I called the Marketing number. Maybe I need to try the general Ford customer service line?

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boys these little horror stories are leaving me leery. They want 10-20 K more, dealer won’t talk with you. May have to wait 5 or 6 years for stupidity to calm down

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are actually getting a 2021 you should have a VIN by now. If you do, the ship has sailed...

OP
OP
SpudHusker

SpudHusker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are actually getting a 2021 you should have a VIN by now. If you do, the ship has sailed...
I do not have a VIN. I will need to do a MY22 order, but wanted to transfer dealerships prior to doing that.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was hung up on twice today after holding for an hour. The call rang through with a message roughly saying, “there Ford finance number you are trying to reach is not active.”

I called the Marketing number. Maybe I need to try the general Ford customer service line?
It's a known problem with their phone system. It will auto disconnect you after about 50 minutes of waiting on hold. It will come back with a message regarding an invalid extension for Ford Credit when you hadn't been on hold for that. You just need to keep calling and holding.

Myself and others have tried to keep the one thread with an update on the process.
@SpudHusker

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the fiasco we call "the Bronco". I'm not even going to try to move my reservation, because @Ford Motor Company I wouldn't give one of the mega dealers in my area the privilge of adding an ADM to the price. I knew when Ford said they would allow reservation transfers again that this would happen. Good luck sir, I hope you can get yours moved.

DK44

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the fiasco we call "the Bronco". I'm not even going to try to move my reservation, because @Ford Motor Company I wouldn't give one of the mega dealers in my area the privilge of adding an ADM to the price. I knew when Ford said they would allow reservation transfers again that this would happen. Good luck sir, I hope you can get yours moved.

I appreciate this thread. This is my first post, although I've been following this forum for a while. I have a reservation with a dealer that is a mess. Lost my info twice, won't state if they are charging above msrp, wants a $500 deposit and won't say in writing if it is refundable, etc. Called the number to switch dealers and after 45 minutes finally spoke to a rep who said 'there is a glitch in the system and we can't transfer dealers today--please call back tomorrow.' Tried 2x yesterday, and like many of you, was cut off after 50 minutes. I'm an experienced off-roader (own a TJ Rubicon) and was hoping the Bronco could be my daily driver and weekend toy, but I'm leaning towards just waiting a couple of years to see how this plays out. I hate giving business to a company that has such poor customer service.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daughter was looking at Bronco Sports , saw one she like at a dealer website. We visited the dealer this morning and they had added an additional $5k in what they called Upfit. They could not show us what additions had been made. Needless to say we left. Then the salesman followed us out and was rude about us not accepting the price hike. Now she’s looking at a Honda Ridgeline.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate this thread. This is my first post, although I've been following this forum for a while. I have a reservation with a dealer that is a mess. Lost my info twice, won't state if they are charging above msrp, wants a $500 deposit and won't say in writing if it is refundable, etc. Called the number to switch dealers and after 45 minutes finally spoke to a rep who said 'there is a glitch in the system and we can't transfer dealers today--please call back tomorrow.' Tried 2x yesterday, and like many of you, was cut off after 50 minutes. I'm an experienced off-roader (own a TJ Rubicon) and was hoping the Bronco could be my daily driver and weekend toy, but I'm leaning towards just waiting a couple of years to see how this plays out. I hate giving business to a company that has such poor customer service.
Welcome to the forum David. I wish I could say it will get better, but the history of this debacle just doesn't bode well. Good luck.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was finally able to find a local dealer to "lock-in" MSRP and was not opposed to my transfer of a day 2 rez but after calling Ford they replied, "we won't transfer any reservations since you already had an order." Now they tell me someone would get back to me. I'm sure that won't happen this side of hell freezing over.

Anyone have a similar experience? I am getting really close to being done with this. The most ridiculous customer f-over in my lifetime.

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in the same boat here - the Bronco marketing phone line seems worthless. Leave a voicemail - no return call, wait on hold - disconnects you before you get through … you just can’t win.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My daughter was looking at Bronco Sports , saw one she like at a dealer website. We visited the dealer this morning and they had added an additional $5k in what they called Upfit. They could not show us what additions had been made. Needless to say we left. Then the salesman followed us out and was rude about us not accepting the price hike. Now she’s looking at a Honda Ridgeline.
If your daughter is looking at a Bronco Sport, you might want to consider Granger's offer of 6% below invoice. It may not make sense depending on where you are located to travel to Iowa. But there should be no problem getting what she wants built for her and delivered by the Spring while saving a pile of cash.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anybody heard anything?