Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only upgrade I have planned is finding or making a new shifter knob. Guy on YouTube epoxied a giant hornet on a section of honey comb and turned it down on a lathe. One of the coolest/cringiest knobs I've ever seen

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™d like to see a short shifter like the B&M. This is my first Ford manual that isnā€™t a top loader so it feels really loose. Like an old VW.

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
All I wanna hear is someone just mentions "Hey, we're working on so and so part as we speak", that would make my day

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only upgrade I have planned is finding or making a new shifter knob. Guy on YouTube epoxied a giant hornet on a section of honey comb and turned it down on a lathe. One of the coolest/cringiest knobs I've ever seen
I'm hoping to somehow get a 7-Ball shift knob to work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agree with motortrend - the shifter is ok for cable shifters, the clutch pedal feel is non-existent and certainly not nuanced compared to the JK.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to wait until mine arrives and see how the throw feels before Iā€˜ll know what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™ve heard the throw is ā€œrightā€ for this vehicle but I do like very notchy and short throws so weā€™ll see.

On my Focus ST using a Steeda short shift lever, a Boomba shift arm on the tranny, and a heavy weighted custom-painted steel knob to get balance back to the linkage I obtained shifting nirvana equal in feel to high-end BMW sport shifters. It will be possible IMO, and in time, to make this linkage work however you want.

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Surprised no manufacturers chimed in yet

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need to wait until mine arrives and see how the throw feels before Iā€˜ll know what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™ve heard the throw is ā€œrightā€ for this vehicle but I do like very notchy and short throws so weā€™ll see.
Feels like the newer mustangs with the cable shifter, which is no surprise since it is essentially the same transmission reworked to add the Crawl gear.

Throws "feel" a bit longer than the 'stang, but I think that's just because the handle is longer.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feels like the newer mustangs with the cable shifter, which is no surprise since it is essentially the same transmission reworked to add the Crawl gear.

Throws "feel" a bit longer than the 'stang, but I think that's just because the handle is longer.
Thanks for the info!

Are you planning on making any changes to the linkage?

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with motortrend - the shifter is ok for cable shifters, the clutch pedal feel is non-existent and certainly not nuanced compared to the JK.
I never really cared for the shifter or clutch on my JK, I felt the feel of the friction zone was non-existent. I enjoyed the feel of the demo unit i drove, so much so that I switched immediately from the 2.7.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I never really cared for the shifter or clutch on my JK, I felt the feel of the friction zone was non-existent. I enjoyed the feel of the demo unit i drove, so much so that I switched immediately from the 2.7.
What year on your JK? On my '08 you can feel it start to engage at 25% and fully engage by about 60% of travel, whereas the four door badlands I drove gave me no feel and then bam, at 25% it's fully engaged, then 75% of meaningless pedal travel.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What year on your JK? On my '08 you can feel it start to engage at 25% and fully engage by about 60% of travel, whereas the four door badlands I drove gave me no feel and then bam, at 25% it's fully engaged, then 75% of meaningless pedal travel.
Mine was a 2013, I could not feel it engage at the pedal at all. Weird, I felt the engagement start around that same 25%-ish mark, and full control the remainder of the travel. I had it for 3 days and 350 miles....lots of smiles per gallon. A friend just picked up a manual BD today and mine should be in the driveway in a month or so....so I'll have some more seat time soon to compare.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine was a 2013, I could not feel it engage at the pedal at all. Weird, I felt the engagement start around that same 25%-ish mark, and full control the remainder of the travel. I had it for 3 days and 350 miles....lots of smiles per gallon. A friend just picked up a manual BD today and mine should be in the driveway in a month or so....so I'll have some more seat time soon to compare.
Maybe the clutch changed when they changed over to the 3.6 Pentastar.
Sponsored