Sponsored

Any MIC top leak issues in automatic car wash?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Title is a bit confusing in the context of the OP's question. OP should revise it and make it question rather than what appears to be an affirmative statement that is not accurate.

In any event, I have taken our Bronco through our local car wash many times with no leaks whatsoever. (It is a soft-touch car wash that uses cloth, meaning brushless). In fact, brought it over to them this morning to clean and no leaks. Additionally, we've had rain storms dumping a deluge of rain at a time lately and not a leak. Obviously, if the panel seals have a defect or the panels were not put back on properly (i.e. latches not closed, seals got pinched - which is hard to do, or large size debris - twig - gets between seals allowing a gap in the seal), then water under pressure might get through but under normal conditions, there is no problem with leaks on the MIC by running it through an automated car wash.
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"If I named this thread in a form of a statement, I'll get more interaction. "

The interaction:

Ford Bronco Any MIC top leak issues in automatic car wash? 1648913191668

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that'll happen when you leave the top off in a rain storm. LOL!

My 2dr only gets a bit of bleed thru if you hit the side window seams with a direct shot. Garden hose with a tight pattern will do it.
When I first got my bronco all I had was a leak on the driver air bag cover and it was so minor.
After going to the dealer twice it is so much worse.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UHM! fender info please?!?!?
Straight out of the Ford Performance catalog. The entire build (flares, hood scoop, leveling kit, wheels, and tires) was done for the customer placing the original order. They backed out of it.

11937848-266D-4585-9F54-FADC0BDE8A86.jpeg

Sponsored

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I pressure wash my Bronco and every now and then I’ll get a leak. But not from the hard top. I get a leak coming in from the door window seal up near the air bags. Not sure how to resolve it but it’s there. I have the MIC 2.0

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With that title I was expecting a horror story, not a question. Might want to revise it.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With that title I was expecting a horror story, not a question. Might want to revise it.
No kidding. @Administrator really needs to change the title since the OP has so far refused to do so from what I have read.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been waiting to post a summary of my leaking mic issues. I came back to my car after a 2 day storm to 3 inches of water in the drivers footwell. This storm was 2 days after I picked it back up from the dealer. They said they put it through a car wash and sprayed the roof with water to test for leaks and found none.I called BS when I picked it up because there was still big splatter on the windshield.

when you drive after a leak like this Iget water POURing out of the Aux switches onto the hero switches… and I get water from the drivers sun visor and it pours onto the dash. I’m glad I have this documented in case something happens to the screen. I have a appointment with a different dealer Monday.

I WOULD NOT DARE PUT THE BRONCO INTO AN AUTOMATIC CARWASH!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No kidding. @Administrator really needs to change the title since the OP has so far refused to do so from what I have read.
If the admin changes the title, can they remove all the off topic fender flare nonsense also?

Sponsored

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have been good for 6 months but now seeing drips from the top weatherstripping on the back glass.

tbruz

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my 2 door thru the touchless carwash multiple (4-6) times so far with not a hint of a leak anywhere.
I did however have a onetime slight leak from the middle seam (runs front to back) directly over the shifter after a heavy overnight rainstorm. The vehicle was parked on a sideways right to left tilt. My figuring is that the rain built up in the middle channel while sideways and couldn't run off front to back as its designed to, hence back to front rake.
Only happened that one time and its been outside for quite a few rainstorms.
Tbruz

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've run my thru an automatic car wash now 4 times, no issues, no leaks, 4dr hard top. Also have hand washed in the driveway with no leaks.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don’t care about swirling your paint in a auto wash why care if it gets wet on the inside. Hand wash it, problem solved. Don’t be lazy…
Was planning to reply to this sooner, but my eyes rolled so far into the back of my head that it took me until now to see again. Would love to see you "avoid laziness" in Michigan winters - washing the salt off your car by hand, in zero degree temps.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
I will but please don’t waste my time and ask me for this information if you actually won’t do anything with it.
Sponsored