Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand we're now at the mercy of the government with the airbag recall, but for those of us sitting on DM and in recall purgatory now is there really no information? I get that it's different for those that already have possession and a process needs to be established and approved, but if we're still at MAP it seems that should be pretty straightforward. At least in my head I'm thinking, "hey, as we replace this shoddy top, why don't we grab a good airbag that wasn't folded by the new person and replace that while we're at it?"
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There were only about 500 of those and doubtful any made it to customers based on when installed

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand we're now at the mercy of the government with the airbag recall, but for those of us sitting on DM and in recall purgatory now is there really no information? I get that it's different for those that already have possession and a process needs to be established and approved, but if we're still at MAP it seems that should be pretty straightforward. At least in my head I'm thinking, "hey, as we replace this shoddy top, why don't we grab a good airbag that wasn't folded by the new person and replace that while we're at it?"
Run your vin in the Ford or NHTSA recall site, and you can discover the fate of your car. 1/6 of vehicles built during that month+ have the defective airbag. Mine, it turns out has no recall and the OBX is in transit to my dealer. FYI, my blend date is July 21. Based on the tracker, and other reports, Ford seems to be generally sticking to its plan of replacing the tops in the order built, with roughly late June/early July Builds replaced MIC in September, Mid late July builds MIC replaced in October (mine), and early August builds MIC replaced in November.

Last edited:

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It says “remedy not yet available “. So my DM Badlands is still waiting on its top, now it will have to wait for the dang airbag, too. If only I was as “lucky” winning money as I am in bad crap from Ford… I never got that 22# package people were talking about a couple months ago, either. Still wondering what it was 🤣
Ford Bronco Any News on Airbag Recall? 56E40567-7786-469E-A48B-72DA747FC85E
Ford Bronco Any News on Airbag Recall? 56E40567-7786-469E-A48B-72DA747FC85E

ghbronco71

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were only about 500 of those and doubtful any made it to customers based on when installed
Well I know this - mine is in transit via rail and my dealer says he can't release it to me when it gets here due to the airbag recall. Hopefully they have a fix before it gets to the dealer but I doubt it the way this whole roll out has taken place. I'm going to be pissed if I can't take delivery of my vehicle until the end of the year or god forbid, 2022.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PittShawn

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I know this - mine is in transit via rail and my dealer says he can't release it to me when it gets here due to the airbag recall. Hopefully they have a fix before it gets to the dealer but I doubt it the way this whole roll out has taken place. I'm going to be pissed if I can't take delivery of my vehicle until the end of the year or god forbid, 2022.
Good to know, thanks! I guess. My hope was they would quickly replace any at MAP once recall plan is approved. If they are going to ship them to dealers, this makes it sound like the plan is for all of them to be fixed at the dealer. Probably not much time difference I guess.