Sponsored

Any OBX guys switching over to Badlands due to interior / MIC top?

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed from an obx to badlands after riding in the badlands at Moab. I think it's the best one available
What about the ride of one vs the other made you want to switch?
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's funny how many people on this forum dog the OBX interior. I have the roast leather and literally everyone that looks at my Bronco says the interior is awesome. I don't mention it or ask about it. But one of the first things they say is how much they love the interior. And I've had a lot of people look at it. Not one person has said anything bad about it.
I like both of the leather choices for the OBX. I am doing the Navy Pier and I really like it. Spent a day driving a FE with it and I am happy with my choice. Like the Roast and Black too, but the dash scared me off. It was such a surprise last year when they came out, but in the end both wind up looking good in leather. And you get some nice power seats.

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the ride of one vs the other made you want to switch?
I wasn't sure if I wanted sway bar disconnect for one but after seeing it in use that made up my mind and I wanted Baja mode.

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like the Roast and Black too, but the dash scared me off.
Where can one compare the dash variants? I feel like there are a lot of subtle differences between the trims that are really hard to spot using the configuration tool.

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I wouldn't have to wait until late '21 or '22, I switched to a soft top on Monday. After driving a Badlands at the Off Roadeo, I had regretted ordering an OBX. So, I also switched my order to a Badlands. The dealer also recommended dropping the tow hitch since his data showed that was still a problem, so I did. On Tuesday, I got a VIN and a production date for the first week of September.

It was barely a difference in price:

OBX 4-door ($56,880) - Area 51, Sasquatch, LUX, 2.7L, Leather, Floor Liners, AUX Switches, Keyless Entry Pad

Badlands 4-door ($57,425) - Same specs except I went with the vinyl seats since I didn't want leather but it was preferable to cloth.

I will say I was not a fan of the OBX seat colors. However, in person at the Off Roadeo, the navy pier/gray leather did not look bad. Not great but not as bad as the pictures look. In person, you could barely tell the difference between the gray and navy.

Sponsored

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't had mine for a week yet, but I had someone follow me to the gas station to ask to see the interior. They liked it a lot. I also have the roast interior. This is not the Bronco I ordered, but I actually like the interior and I'm surprised about now nice it is.
Did you post any “introduction” photos of your new Bronco? I would love to see it, especially the Roast interior!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you post any “introduction” photos of your new Bronco? I would love to see it, especially the Roast interior!
Not yet. I wasn't planning on buying one until the mod top was ready. This one just came for sale and I bought it. I get a lot of compliments on the interior, btw.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet. I wasn't planning on buying one until the mod top was ready. This one just came for sale and I bought it. I get a lot of compliments on the interior, btw.

OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Navy Pier in my OBX with A51 paint. It looks great. But go ahead and complain about the interior colour, just make sure you have an excuse when your ugly black fender flares start to fade out
Sponsored