Sponsored

Any of those that have received their Bronco, shown under the hood pics?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
Just curious what the under the hood looked line on finished production models. Did Ford put the obligatory plastic engine cover or did they leave it a mess of hoses and cables as we have seen in the pre-production models?
Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its not pretty under there, just a big pile of wires, tubes, and supposedly theres an engine in there somewhere.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The covers for Ford vehicles have started to disappear in the last few years. Our 2019 Flex limited did not have a beauty cover on the engine. The 2014 Ford Escape Titanium we had did have several covers in the engine compartment. When they replaced the engine under warranty, the techs did not reinstall the covers. I had to go back to the dealership and complain about the quality checks they didn't do. At the time there were later models out there without covers, which might explain why the techs didn't put ours back on.
Ford is trying to cut costs with less parts. If the demand is there I'm sure you will see some after-market covers start to show up.

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the one from my recent delivery...

Ford Bronco Any of those that have received their Bronco, shown under the hood pics? image (2)

I kid! I kid! I sure as hell haven't gotten mine delivered yet. But that's an actual picture.

Spaghetti....yup pretty much sums it up!

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The covers for Ford vehicles have started to disappear in the last few years. Our 2019 Flex limited did not have a beauty cover on the engine. The 2014 Ford Escape Titanium we had did have several covers in the engine compartment. When they replaced the engine under warranty, the techs did not reinstall the covers. I had to go back to the dealership and complain about the quality checks they didn't do. At the time there were later models out there without covers, which might explain why the techs didn't put ours back on.
Ford is trying to cut costs with less parts. If the demand is there I'm sure you will see some after-market covers start to show up.
I kind of look at the hood doing that job. Really doesn't make sense to have another cover hiding the works though it does look nice when someone wants to look under the hood.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious what the under the hood looked line on finished production models. Did Ford put the obligatory plastic engine cover or did they leave it a mess of hoses and cables as we have seen in the pre-production models?
Here's the 2.3 from my dealer's mannequin
Ford Bronco Any of those that have received their Bronco, shown under the hood pics? 2.3

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's the one from my recent delivery...

Ford Bronco Any of those that have received their Bronco, shown under the hood pics? 2.3

I kid! I kid! I sure as hell haven't gotten mine delivered yet. But that's an actual picture.
The meatballs make it faster.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

👆This.

CarID is the place to keep looking. There are no 2021 Ford Bronco engine covers available (yet), but they are comin’

https://www.carid.com/engine-covers.html

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can tell you the 2.3L looked less of a mess than the 2.7L in person.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, that 2.7 is just a mess under the Hood. Shocked it looks like that. My F-150 3.5 looked pretty decent under the hood

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are the best I could get with the angle of the sun 2.7L

ECCC8ACE-1DB7-4D54-91F5-68F71B592190.jpeg