Sponsored

Any old tractor enthusiasts out there, I just bought a Ford 4000!

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a ford 4000 but gas engine. Used it for mowing for a lot of years. But the tires are all shot now and to replace them would be more than the tractor is worth so it's yard art for the last few years. I now use a 1967 IH Farmall 706. So still really old. Dad had 8N, 9N, Jubilee and a really old IH that did not have a starter and you had to hand crank it. You may want to see if there are any tractor clubs in your area. Old farts like me can provide a lot of insight and assistance.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Even though the thread is a few years old, your enthusiasm for your Ford 4000 is timeless. Restoring a classic tractor like yours is a journey that continues to be exciting no matter when you start.
And the beauty of old tractors is everything is accessible. And with the right tools, jackstands and lifts one can strip a tractor down section by section to work on.

Having grown up on a farm with postwar Ford, IH and Massey-Ferguson and 15 years selling and servicing new tractors I can answer almost any tractor restoration questions posed.