Sponsored

Any old tractor enthusiasts out there, I just bought a Ford 4000!

kirkallen143

Base
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 explorer 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was given a ‘51 Massy-Harris 30 (tricycle) years ago. Squirt of oil in the cylinders, fresh gasoline, filed the points and alive she came again after 40 years of sitting. It’s just yard art now...

Kirk
Sponsored

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think there is a kit for rebuild? Saw one ....maybe on yesterdays trractors I think the repair kit is listed here. I found two kits for D engines on this page https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/store/model_parts.cgi?SearchArea=Ford&&md=2000&cat=Fuel System / Air Intake&r=mcats

here is a diret link to one https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-2000_Injector-Pump-Gasket-Set_CAV9094713.html

here is the other one i found

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-2000_Injector-Pump-Repair-Kit_CAV7135110.html
Mine is a older 2 hole mount pump. The DBG type. Sound like they have some trickier wear parts. But there is kits and a upgraded part in there I am waiting to hear back from a diesel company who sells on Amazon. They said to send in the part numbers to match things up. So hopefully that works out. After reading some things knowing that the PO had the valve cover sitting loose on it, I think I need to clean the injectors up, put some oil through it and clean up the air filter, intake, starter, and figure out the wiring. It has 2 starter solenoids, Im guessing starter and glow plugs? Guess I'm getting a crash course on diesels by starting with the oldest, crustiest, partially assembled motor I could find! Sounds fun!

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thumbs UP Ford is Ford. Many moons ago I worked for a commercial construction company, they had a Sellick teleporter rough terrain forklift that didn't run and couldn't get parts. I noticed that it had a Ford 4000 running gear, went to the New Holland dealer (Ford had sold to New Holland at that point), got a new lift pump, and boom. That old Ford in disguise fired up and ran like a champ.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brother and i bought this tractor to work a 5 acre property we also bought together.

20191130_111756.jpg

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My father inlaw has an old 60's ford tractor on his property next to mine. Not running, i just helped him move it in front for yard art.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My father inlaw has an old 60's ford tractor on his property next to mine. Not running, i just helped him move it in front for yard art.
Believe it or not, if you bring it back to life, (running) it'll probably sell for at least the same price as it sold for new...

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congratulations on the new project, should be fun. We've always had John Deere's. Unfortunately the cousins recently sold an old M crawler and 50. We still have two 420's, the 1958 420 my great grandfather bought brand new and is currently torn apart in my shop. Also have three newer ones we use for the hay operation. Just added this in the spring.
Ford Bronco Any old tractor enthusiasts out there, I just bought a Ford 4000! 20200616_182600

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny I should read about tractors today on the Bronco forum . I broke a steering knuckle off mine today :(
Ford Bronco Any old tractor enthusiasts out there, I just bought a Ford 4000! 20200616_182600
Must not a Ford tractor must be a kubota?:)

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine is a older 2 hole mount pump. The DBG type. Sound like they have some trickier wear parts. But there is kits and a upgraded part in there I am waiting to hear back from a diesel company who sells on Amazon. They said to send in the part numbers to match things up. So hopefully that works out. After reading some things knowing that the PO had the valve cover sitting loose on it, I think I need to clean the injectors up, put some oil through it and clean up the air filter, intake, starter, and figure out the wiring. It has 2 starter solenoids, Im guessing starter and glow plugs? Guess I'm getting a crash course on diesels by starting with the oldest, crustiest, partially assembled motor I could find! Sounds fun!
Glow plugs????...don't think mine has glow plugs. If it does i have never noticed them. This tractor has never needed much attention except for occasional lubes oil changes. If it runs out of fuel you have to bleed the injectors takes maybe five minutes and thats it.

Sponsored

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Congratulations on the new project, should be fun. We've always had John Deere's. Unfortunately the cousins recently sold an old M crawler and 50. We still have two 420's, the 1958 420 my great grandfather bought brand new and is currently torn apart in my shop. Also have three newer ones we use for the hay operation. Just added this in the spring.
Nice 4052r(y)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I really want an old Ford tractor, they are popular around here.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glow plugs????...don't think mine has glow plugs. If it does i have never noticed them. This tractor has never needed much attention except for occasional lubes oil changes. If it runs out of fuel you have to bleed the injectors takes maybe five minutes and thats it.
I'm still learning this old diesel stuff. I havent found the glow plugs yet, I just assumed they were there. The tractor is still up at Twin Falls where I work. The tow truck would have never out of my valley and I didnt want to try and drive the tractor down my hill coasting. Its a steep switchback. I will try and mount my tow bar on it saturday and try and tow it home with my Bronco. Its only about 1.5 miles. We will see how that goes. I will probably have to ride on it and steer.

Once I get it down to the shop I can really dig into it. What motor oil do any of yall use in those old diesels? Its been sitting for a few years so I definitely need to get that out of it before I think about spinning the motor.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm still learning this old diesel stuff. I havent found the glow plugs yet, I just assumed they were there. The tractor is still up at Twin Falls where I work. The tow truck would have never out of my valley and I didnt want to try and drive the tractor down my hill coasting. Its a steep switchback. I will try and mount my tow bar on it saturday and try and tow it home with my Bronco. Its only about 1.5 miles. We will see how that goes. I will probably have to ride on it and steer.

Once I get it down to the shop I can really dig into it. What motor oil do any of yall use in those old diesels? Its been sitting for a few years so I definitely need to get that out of it before I think about spinning the motor.
mAKE SURE BOTH GEAR BOXES ARE IN NEUTRAL BEFORE TOWING. YOU NEED A STRAIGHT 30 WEIGHT DIESL MOTOR OIL. tHE ONLY ONE I CAN FIND IS DELO CONVENTIONAL 30 WT. FORMULATED FOR DIESEL ENGINES. tHIS OIL IS DESIGNED FOR OLDER ENGINES.
https://north40.com/chevron-delo-40...7gIVKB-tBh3-KAaeEAQYAyABEgLxHfD_BwE#276=17598

joaozinhoreflected

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, it takes a lot of paint there, not a little. I can't say I'm a fan of old tractors. I used to think I was a big fan of retro machinery. I have two retro motorcycles. But when it comes to tractors that are needed for farming, I take my choice of equipment very seriously. And most of the time I prefer new tractors. Every three years, I change tractors because I'm tired of dealing with constant breakdowns. Three years ago, I bought an excellent compact tractor, with which I wanted to cultivate the land in the nearest vegetable garden. But I like that little tractor so much that I don't want to change it for a new one despite my principles. I use it both on the new barn's construction site, when harvesting, and wherever.
Sponsored

Last edited: