Sponsored

Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see the advantage of abandoning an historic and iconic American brand name. What are they hoping to gain?

Reminds me of New Coke...
Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at it from the consumer's point of view: Does someone go to a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM dealer, or do they search out a Jeep dealer, regardless of whatever else may be around?

There may be other cars at a dealer store, but someone shopping for a Jeep is only looking for a Jeep dealer. Same with RAM -- if you're shopping pickups, you're looking for a RAM, no mater what purple or lime sedans are around.

One of the benefits of Jeep's "independent" sub-branding is there's virtually zero brand recognition of Chrysler as the source of Jeep by the vast majority of the public. Put another way, the Jeep brand is virtually immune to any Chrysler foibles, and they benefit accordingly.

Not sure why Ford's doing it with Bronco, but FCA has isolated the brands with the only significant value in the entire FCA group. They are ideally positioned for sale as individual entities if needed in the future. When Chrysler purchased the remnants of American Motors, they had to take along all the rest of the worthless AMC stuff to get the Jeep brand.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at it from the consumer's point of view: Does someone go to a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM dealer, or do they search out a Jeep dealer, regardless of whatever else may be around?

There may be other cars at a dealer store, but someone shopping for a Jeep is only looking for a Jeep dealer. Same with RAM -- if you're shopping pickups, you're looking for a RAM, no mater what purple or lime sedans are around.

One of the benefits of Jeep's "independent" sub-branding is there's virtually zero brand recognition of Chrysler as the source of Jeep by the vast majority of the public. Put another way, the Jeep brand is virtually immune to any Chrysler foibles, and they benefit accordingly.

Not sure why Ford's doing it with Bronco, but FCA has isolated the brands with the only significant value in the entire FCA group. They are ideally positioned for sale as individual entities if needed in the future. When Chrysler purchased the remnants of American Motors, they had to take along all the rest of the worthless AMC stuff to get the Jeep brand.
Good point. I actually forgot that Jeep had a parent company. They did a great job distinguishing themselves.

Too early for Bronco to do this but after a few years killing it in the market, let's see them branch away

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As they say on Shark Tank, you have a product, not a company.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if this will make first model year 6th gen broncos more exclusive (I.e. One of the last ones to still be called Ford Bronco)
Sponsored