Sponsored

Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We often intuitively believe that "value" is created by the "product". I reality, oftentimes value is really created by tax laws and accounting principles. Businesses are often consolidated or fragmented for this very reason.
Sponsored

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes the Bronco brand is going to happen and I am really hoping for a future full size / F-150 based Bronco. I love the current version but something along these concept lines with a bit more room, better towing, etc, would make more sense for me. Until then, I'll toy around in my 2021 and see where it takes me.
Ford Bronco Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram 1a586674caa2a9a7b24a25da59513af7
Ford Bronco Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram Bronco6G-FordBronco-Top1-768x502
Ford Bronco Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram f150-raptor-singlecab-007-1559845615

Kl721STsTc-16V1A080Cbw.jpg

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, if Ford can call the Mach-E a Mustang imagine what they can do with the Bronco as a sub brand. SMH. IMHO they have a lot of nerve calling the Mach-E a Mustang. But, I'm old and have fallen out of the infamous "target" group. So, no ones cares what I think anymore. :)
I agree. Not a fan of calling their EV a mustang. Could have brought back the Falcon or Galaxy name.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes the Bronco brand is going to happen and I am really hoping for a future full size / F-150 based Bronco. I love the current version but something along these concept lines with a bit more room, better towing, etc, would make more sense for me. Until then, I'll toy around in my 2021 and see where it takes me.
Ford Bronco Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram Kl721STsTc-16V1A080Cbw
Ford Bronco Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram Kl721STsTc-16V1A080Cbw

This is the Bronco that dreams are made of. Do not get me wrong, I love the design of the 2021 Ranger-based Bronco. Please make based on the F150 platform with all the suspension.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Saturn worked well, not. Even had their own factory.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the Bronco that dreams are made of. Do not get me wrong, I love the design of the 2021 Ranger-based Bronco. Please make based on the F150 platform with all the suspension.
Given the current success of said F-150 and Expedition, I don't see much room for it.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It might make sense one day but seems a bit forced and confused with the first attempts at this new branding: an electric crossover weirdly classified as a Mustang and a escape-type economy crossover with a boxy face called a "Bronco."

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Any one heard of Ford splitting their brand, Ford Brand and Bronco Brand? Like Dodge & Ram 1a586674caa2a9a7b24a25da59513af7

Please, not the GMC Jimmy. :giggle:

Sponsored

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Given the current success of said F-150 and Expedition, I don't see much room for it.
Agreed there is not much room but a full size Bronco would have great margins for Ford. They have already stated they are moving with Bronco as a brand, so I feel like they need more than 2 vehicles to complete the brand but I realize its probably wishful thinking.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it's worked for Jeep and Ram -- why is this such a stretch for Bronco?

Heck, Ford is even better positioned to do it with Mustang -- our 2019 does not have a single "Ford" branding on its exterior.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, it's worked for Jeep and Ram -- why is this such a stretch for Bronco?

Heck, Ford is even better positioned to do it with Mustang -- our 2019 does not have a single "Ford" branding on its exterior.
Do you really go to a RAM dealer, or do you just go to a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM dealer with the RAM truck stuff behind the Jeep stuff, next to garbage cans full of FIAT stuff and a dildo purple Challenger collecting dust in the middle of the showroom?

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope it doesn't happen, I think Ford would be giving too much credence to surface level marketing and branding gimmicks, having the Bronco and Mustang under the Blue Oval helps elevate the entire company, but this strategy makes Ford look like they're admitting that they're basically one hit wonders and that only two of their vehicles are worth buying. You can have a strong sub-brand ala the Mustang or Corvette without turning it into a literal subsidiary.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you really go to a RAM dealer, or do you just go to a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM dealer with the RAM truck stuff behind the Jeep stuff, next to garbage cans full of FIAT stuff and a dildo purple Challenger collecting dust in the middle of the showroom?
That is a spot on description for 95% of FCA dealerships. ???
Sponsored