Sponsored

Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open?

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call from Franklin Ford. Told I was 23 out of 25 allocations they have out of around 75 total reservations. I was told I had to commit to 2021 model year this week or the dealer would give my 2021 reservation away. I am on the fence of getting a 2021 or waiting for 2022, but this kind of stuff is a little silly to me. BTW my time stamp is 7/14 1PM

Anyone else getting these threats?
Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mine is with Franklin Ford, reservation is 7/15. I just reached out to them last night and am supposed to hear from them today. i was under the impression that ordering was open into march, its annoying that dealers are pushing to get orders in ASAP.
but i also dont mind delaying it to a 22MY either, what i want will probably be a '22 anyway.
i'll report back to you if i hear something similar.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A dealer cannot give away your reservation. Plain and simple. You need to find another dealer and quick. Don't walk, run...

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This type of behavior is annoying. I would say it's an empty threat because as long as the order is entered by March, Ford will do the sorting and determine if yours is built, but technically, the dealer could refuse to enter your order and then you would be forced to change your reservation to a new dealer... Which you might want to consider anyway with this tactic.

I highly doubt any dealer would refuse to enter an order though, because converted reservations is the largest factor in the initial allocation calculation... dealers should be trying to convert all of their reservations, not just the ones they think they will get allocation for...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open? 1611327555018

Sponsored
OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am waiting because so far this roll out seems to be a case study from a clown factory. Ford stated the window was January - March. There are still issues with build & price, and I am waiting to see if anything comes to light regarding 2022 especially builds that offer a manual. My biggest worry was that Ford is unable to compete in the market which is why they are on the verge of bunkruptcy. The actions of the dealer and the mistakes made during this rollout do not ease my worries that the first year will have build and quality issues.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty difficult to imagine. Ford has no way of knowing if any outstanding orders will be converted by the customer or not.

StuckinOH

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said something similar. They have 30 allocations with over 200 reservations and I am #7. They wanted me to commit to an appointment to order, verbally commit to MY22 ordering or cancel my reservation by the end of the day today. When I told them I have until March 19th to decide they said, "Well Ford changed the process".

Somebody just moved up the line at Rousch Ford.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got a call from Franklin Ford. Told I was 23 out of 25 allocations they have out of around 75 total reservations. I was told I had to commit to 2021 model year this week or the dealer would give my 2021 reservation away. I am on the fence of getting a 2021 or waiting for 2022, but this kind of stuff is a little silly to me. BTW my time stamp is 7/14 1PM

Anyone else getting these threats?
I have a 7/17 20:54 reservation with Caruso Ford in southern CA

First, they told me I couldn't change my res to Wildtrak from Black Diamond
Second, they refused to say how many allocations they had. Proprietary info.
Third, said my order time was a relevant or more than my res time stamp.

They sent me an agreement to sign, I signed and returned within an hour.
- They never replied to my email or subsequent emails
- I called and left 3 messages, no return call

Finally, they sent me an email saying I had to pay California sales tax although I will register the Bronco in FLorida. Said they would let me order if I agree to the CA sales tax.
- I emailed back agreeing to CA sales tax and reminded I live in FLorida.

Received email saying Ford will NOT allow them to sell a vehicle that is going out of state. I replied that probably thousands are doing so at Granger, Stephens, Bowers, etc, etc.

I called Ford customer service this morning and informed them Caruso Ford refuses to enter my order into the system. Ford said they would contact the dealer. Maybe they want to give my allocation to other customers? Feeling completely frustrated at this entire process. I've spoken to several good dealers in the last week, but some are simply awful.

Ugh!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am waiting because so far this roll out seems to be a case study from a clown factory. Ford stated the window was January - March. There are still issues with build & price, and I am waiting to see if anything comes to light regarding 2022 especially builds that offer a manual. My biggest worry was that Ford is unable to compete in the market which is why they are on the verge of bunkruptcy. The actions of the dealer and the mistakes made during this rollout do not ease my worries that the first year will have build and quality issues.
You should just cancel. No need to have that much stress and uncertainty in your life over a car.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest worry was that Ford is unable to compete in the market which is why they are on the verge of bunkruptcy.
Ford...verge of "bunkruptcy"....OK. 2020 hasn't been reported on yet sure, but before that 5 straight years of 20+ Billion in profit. I think they're doing fine.

Ford Bronco Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open? 1611344982137

Edit: If you're talking about their stock market performance...who cares? The stock market is a popularity contest. The only money a company makes from the stock market is at their IPO...or if they sell some of their own stock. The stock price doesn't always reflect how a company is doing or will do.

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 7/17 20:54 reservation with Caruso Ford in southern CA

First, they told me I couldn't change my res to Wildtrak from Black Diamond
Second, they refused to say how many allocations they had. Proprietary info.
Third, said my order time was a relevant or more than my res time stamp.

They sent me an agreement to sign, I signed and returned within an hour.
- They never replied to my email or subsequent emails
- I called and left 3 messages, no return call

Finally, they sent me an email saying I had to pay California sales tax although I will register the Bronco in FLorida. Said they would let me order if I agree to the CA sales tax.
- I emailed back agreeing to CA sales tax and reminded I live in FLorida.

Received email saying Ford will NOT allow them to sell a vehicle that is going out of state. I replied that probably thousands are doing so at Granger, Stephens, Bowers, etc, etc.

I called Ford customer service this morning and informed them Caruso Ford refuses to enter my order into the system. Ford said they would contact the dealer. Maybe they want to give my allocation to other customers? Feeling completely frustrated at this entire process. I've spoken to several good dealers in the last week, but some are simply awful.

Ugh!
Wow that's insane. BTW if you don't already know, you definitely can change trims, I went from reserved badlands to confirmed ordered Wildtrak. Also I'm 99% sure you don't have to pay cali taxes. You should only have to pay taxes where its registered.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My biggest worry was that Ford is unable to compete in the market which is why they are on the verge of bunkruptcy.
Ford Bronco Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open? giphy

Ford's stock is sitting around a 5 year high right now. They still print gold in the shape of F150s and have several hot models on the way over the next couple years. I think they are fine.
Sponsored