Sponsored

Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open?

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Boo Boom. I also think if everyone drags their feet until the deadline then "by March" and "by April" and "by May" will turn into bye, bye, bye MY21 for all ?
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else been told that the MT may cause a 'Process Delay'? I was at the dealer today explaining that were must haves for my Bronco but some extras that I could live without if they delayed my Bronco delivery. A MT is a must have for me. I have an early 7/14 reservation but clearly configuration is a deciding factor in when you receive delivery.

Dealer is also looking for $2k non-refundable deposit. Said it was insure buyer were committed to their order and to protect themselves from FORD penalties if there are problems with orders? And they want the deposit even though the buyer doesn't know when they will receive their Bronco.

Question - is there a way to find out the time of day your order was placed. I have a 7/14 order and almost positive my order was stamped early morning like 2 AM but I can't seem to find the exact time stamp.

Good luck to everyone

TIA

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got off the phone with Franklin Ford and have an appointment next week to place my order. I was #27 and they only have 24 allocated but 3 people decided to wait for 2022 instead of going with a 2021 so i got that 24th spot. he didn't say anything about "giving away" my reservation but i suppose that since I'm ready to pull the trigger right now it didn't really come up. I think he kind of just wants to go through his list and make sure all of the allocations are set so that he can call other reservation holders to tell them they are looking at a 22MY. it came off as more of a "yes 2021" or "no, im waiting for 2022" or Cancel kind of situation.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No a call because I work at my dealer but on the 20th the owner submitted my order, yesterday we went back in to verify everything was correct and today the internet sale/ bronco salesperson comes up to me with another copy of my order to review and then she says oh and I need $900 for the order. Oh good, so 2 days later and after 2 encounters with the owner and no mention of an additional deposit either time and after I asked him over a month ago if he was gonna ask for more and he said no. See at least you guys getting screwed can change dealers but I get to work with these people every day. Fml.

oh and my genius owner is under the impression that ford is going to start building these things the first week of March. I hate my job

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone else been told that the MT may cause a 'Process Delay'? I was at the dealer today explaining that were must haves for my Bronco but some extras that I could live without if they delayed my Bronco delivery. A MT is a must have for me. I have an early 7/14 reservation but clearly configuration is a deciding factor in when you receive delivery.

Dealer is also looking for $2k non-refundable deposit. Said it was insure buyer were committed to their order and to protect themselves from FORD penalties if there are problems with orders? And they want the deposit even though the buyer doesn't know when they will receive their Bronco.

Question - is there a way to find out the time of day your order was placed. I have a 7/14 order and almost positive my order was stamped early morning like 2 AM but I can't seem to find the exact time stamp.

Good luck to everyone

TIA
Call 800 548 3212. The Ford rep can tell you your exact time stamp. Remember it is GMT.
I did have one dealer say the manual transmission would cause delays. I had never heard that before. Strange! One dealer wanted a $2500 non-refundable deposit, but when I pushed him he said they would agree to a $2500 refundable deposit. I imagine your dealer would agree too.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call 800 548 3212. The Ford rep can tell you your exact time stamp. Remember it is GMT.
I did have one dealer say the manual transmission would cause delays. I had never heard that before. Strange! One dealer wanted a $2500 non-refundable deposit, but when I pushed him he said they would agree to a $2500 refundable deposit. I imagine your dealer would agree too.
Thanks for the feedback ... I wouldn't have a problem with the deposit if I had some idea of when I might receive delivery.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got a call from Franklin Ford. Told I was 23 out of 25 allocations they have out of around 75 total reservations. I was told I had to commit to 2021 model year this week or the dealer would give my 2021 reservation away. I am on the fence of getting a 2021 or waiting for 2022, but this kind of stuff is a little silly to me. BTW my time stamp is 7/14 1PM

Anyone else getting these threats?
remember, it's based on your time stamp not when you convert your reservation to an order. Dealerships are trying to pressure people to come in an convert reservation to orders.

Per Ford, orders/builds will be based on your reservation time stamp not when you convert your order I confirmed this with Ford, as the deanship I was dealing with tried to tell me that I would loose my reservation/place if I did not place my order on day 1. I have a 7/14 reservation.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No a call because I work at my dealer but on the 20th the owner submitted my order, yesterday we went back in to verify everything was correct and today the internet sale/ bronco salesperson comes up to me with another copy of my order to review and then she says oh and I need $900 for the order. Oh good, so 2 days later and after 2 encounters with the owner and no mention of an additional deposit either time and after I asked him over a month ago if he was gonna ask for more and he said no. See at least you guys getting screwed can change dealers but I get to work with these people every day. Fml.

oh and my genius owner is under the impression that ford is going to start building these things the first week of March. I hate my job

OMG, appreciate the honest just hope for your sake that your dealership doesn't follow these boards!

Good luck!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer said something similar. They have 30 allocations with over 200 reservations and I am #7. They wanted me to commit to an appointment to order, verbally commit to MY22 ordering or cancel my reservation by the end of the day today. When I told them I have until March 19th to decide they said, "Well Ford changed the process".

Somebody just moved up the line at Rousch Ford.
My dealership left me a message when the order banks opened and told me that I had an appointment at 3:30 that afternoon to come in and convert my order to a reservation and that if I did not show up my reservation would be canceled. After a lengthy call with Ford, in which I played the message that the dealership left me, I was assured that was not the case and switched dealership.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 7/17 20:54 reservation with Caruso Ford in southern CA

First, they told me I couldn't change my res to Wildtrak from Black Diamond
Second, they refused to say how many allocations they had. Proprietary info.
Third, said my order time was a relevant or more than my res time stamp.

They sent me an agreement to sign, I signed and returned within an hour.
- They never replied to my email or subsequent emails
- I called and left 3 messages, no return call

Finally, they sent me an email saying I had to pay California sales tax although I will register the Bronco in FLorida. Said they would let me order if I agree to the CA sales tax.
- I emailed back agreeing to CA sales tax and reminded I live in FLorida.

Received email saying Ford will NOT allow them to sell a vehicle that is going out of state. I replied that probably thousands are doing so at Granger, Stephens, Bowers, etc, etc.

I called Ford customer service this morning and informed them Caruso Ford refuses to enter my order into the system. Ford said they would contact the dealer. Maybe they want to give my allocation to other customers? Feeling completely frustrated at this entire process. I've spoken to several good dealers in the last week, but some are simply awful.

Ugh!
Sounds like you should look for a new dealer. Any reason why your committed to these guys.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm entirely certain that if one were to do a search of "my dealer said" on B6G the entire West Coast would brown out from the hit to the servers....

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly, I'm envious of the reservation transparency ya'll getting with your dealers. After multiple requests, my current dealer refuses to tell me where I am on list. And they go as far to say "We don't know"

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got in touch with my dealer they are taking orders from reservation holders mon- Fri 8to 5 I'm going in in 2 weeks when I'm on vacation. I asked about if I waited would I loose my place he said it didn't matter order banks are open till March and even if I ordered the last day of the reservation to order conversion day. My place is held by my time stamp. So in 2 weeks when I'm on vacation I'm going in. The wife is going with me and I thi k she is going to get a 4 door. Or at least try to order one when I order my 2 door. Will see but no other money is required. It seems pretty strait forward.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like you should look for a new dealer. Any reason why your committed to these guys.
I am high on their list and could get a MY21 early, relative to replacement dealers I;ve spoken to. Anyway, I've got time. I want them to get reprimanded by Ford.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine was more an interesting "non-call". Friday I hadn't heard from my dealer yet so I called them; the person handling incoming calls said the gm was going down the list and I should be getting a call within 2 weeks to discuss the order. I'm an impatient sort, so I dug up the original email from the him last summer and replied to it asking about converting my order. I got a call back and found out I am #16 on their list (7/14 time stamp) and they are allotted 42 this round (with a total of about 170 reservations). Before I could ask he mentioned it was MSRP and $900 deposit (total $1000). We quickly checked through my requested build verbally and he breathed an audible sigh of relief when I told him no Sas or black top. I'll be going in today to finalize the order, but I thought it funny that I got ahead of him, hearing everyone else's stories.
Sponsored