Sponsored

Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open?

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call from Franklin Ford. Told I was 23 out of 25 allocations they have out of around 75 total reservations. I was told I had to commit to 2021 model year this week or the dealer would give my 2021 reservation away. I am on the fence of getting a 2021 or waiting for 2022, but this kind of stuff is a little silly to me. BTW my time stamp is 7/14 1PM

Anyone else getting these threats?
My dealer tried to pressure me into putting in my order as soon as possible, I too am still on the fence for MY21/22. So I switched dealers to a dealer in Philly, Great offer, no pressure, and very transparent . Oh did I mention a great deal below invoice ! No shit worth the 6 hour drive IMO. Check out his 6g forum https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/3-under-invoice-chapman-ford-of-horsham.11412/
Ford Bronco Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open? 1611947645394
Ford Bronco Any other "interesting" calls from the dealer now that ordering is open? 1611947645394
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 7/17 20:54 reservation with Caruso Ford in southern CA

First, they told me I couldn't change my res to Wildtrak from Black Diamond
Second, they refused to say how many allocations they had. Proprietary info.
Third, said my order time was a relevant or more than my res time stamp.

They sent me an agreement to sign, I signed and returned within an hour.
- They never replied to my email or subsequent emails
- I called and left 3 messages, no return call

Finally, they sent me an email saying I had to pay California sales tax although I will register the Bronco in FLorida. Said they would let me order if I agree to the CA sales tax.
- I emailed back agreeing to CA sales tax and reminded I live in FLorida.

Received email saying Ford will NOT allow them to sell a vehicle that is going out of state. I replied that probably thousands are doing so at Granger, Stephens, Bowers, etc, etc.

I called Ford customer service this morning and informed them Caruso Ford refuses to enter my order into the system. Ford said they would contact the dealer. Maybe they want to give my allocation to other customers? Feeling completely frustrated at this entire process. I've spoken to several good dealers in the last week, but some are simply awful.

Ugh!
How in the wide world of sports did you end up at this f**k'd up dealership when you are in Florida?

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He does not have to have a need.

Per Ford the still has time to convert his res to an order.

OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my dealer we t ahead and converted my order on me. At this point I’m definitely waiting for a my22 despite having a 21 spot. Still gauging just how mad I should be. The $500 I save or whatever it is isn’t much compared to the convenience of walking to the dealer, but I’m amazed at how dealers are blowing this.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
How in the wide world of sports did you end up at this f**k'd up dealership when you are in Florida?
We thought we were moving to Oahu and the dealer is close to the Long Beach port.
Sponsored