Sponsored

Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice Cobra, how come you sold it? As you said the KB 2.2 is not the most efficient blower but damn do they scream. That must have been a fun set up.
I rarely drove it the last few years. I'd buy 40 gallons of E85 and id be lucky to burn it all before winter. On top of that it held great value and I was also worried of rare parts going south. I'm perfectly content with my bronco instead of my Cobra. That 2.2 blowzilla was a screamer.
Sponsored

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2005 GT, former weekend track toy but now it's my daily driver. not too shabby for only 302rwhp :p

Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? i-x87vzLf-XL

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
93 Cobra's are freaking amazing! If they didn't cost kidney right now I'd want to get one. Looks amazing!

That's beautiful I absolutely love Saleen's. One Mustang I've never had but always wish I had one. Friend of mine has a black 04 Saleen Cobra, very envious of that and his 2000 Cobra R
Thank you! I didn't know much about Saleen at the time either. My original dream Mustang was actually a Stage 2 or 3 Roush from that generation, so while I quickly had to learn up on the Saleen specifics I had a basic idea of what it was about. The body style was almost too extreme for me at first, but I said fuck it (I had settled to buy some kind of red convertible mustang, figured if i'm gonna be showy I may as well go all-out), and she's definitely grown on me.

Those Cobra Rs are too cool as well, I always buy one of those when i'm playing Gran Turismo.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? 1638499546780

my 2016 GT convertible 6 speed performance package (had to remove Whipple supercharger for warranty engine work (cam timing issues)). Bronco will replace it because of back issues.

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dont currently own a stang, but am on the look out for a terminator or a gt500, have owned a 70 mach 1, 2008 convertible, 80 capri (mustang body) and a 83 gt. Also through the years with my dad had 2 68 GT fastbacks, 65 fastback,2 66 convertibles, 72 convertible, 67 convertible, my dad still has a 64 1/2 convertible.Miss having a stang !

Sponsored
OP
OP
GRAYFOX-SVT

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 SVT Terminator Cobra, Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only Mustang I've had was a 94 GT, but I've always lusted after a Mystichrome Terminator as a dream car.
They can be found, but the low mileage ones pull big money now

I used to. Had a Sonic Blue 04 and a Silver Lightning. Two vehicles I wish that I had never sold.
That's a common statement from former Terminator owners.

I sold my 04 Oxford white terminator vert about two years ago due to a shoulder problem. Of course the issue resolved itself after I sold the car.

Loved that car. Will buy another one if I can find the right one.
Damn that sucks, hope you can get another one.

Just put it to bed for the winter. may not look like it but it's ground up built for road racing.
to many mods to list.
Very nice, mines up for the winter as well.

Don't have a Cobra, but here's my Procharged 2016 GT with PP (Guard Metallic). Many upgrades underneath, but still a few things i would like to do. This was my daily driver, until the Badlands arrived...

That's very nice!

My wife's the Mustang driver in the family. I did own an '06 GT manual for my play car, and still rue the day I sold that little car. I've been looking at some Cobras lately, but damn, I want to keep both of my kidneys a little longer. To say they have increased in value is an understatement. But, I ain't gonna give up, and will keep looking. Just don't mention it to my wife right now as her answer would be, "I told him to keep his Mustang, but nooooooooo, he thought he was so smart". :)
If you want one get one as soon as you can. The price increase has nothing to do with covid as a lot of people think. The 03/04 Cobra's are at their 20 year mark shortly and soon after the 25 year mark. They are becoming collectables and the value for solid ones is only going to go up.

I dont own a Bronco, but im here!

2003 Azure Blue Mach1 33k miles - procharged

I'd love to have a Mach 1 and that color is awesme!

2005 GT, former weekend track toy but now it's my daily driver. not too shabby for only 302rwhp :p

oof that's awesome! I used to do a little drag racing with my 94 Cobra.
Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? 89491764_10219398450725291_2797677619997310976_o

Thank you! I didn't know much about Saleen at the time either. My original dream Mustang was actually a Stage 2 or 3 Roush from that generation, so while I quickly had to learn up on the Saleen specifics I had a basic idea of what it was about. The body style was almost too extreme for me at first, but I said fuck it (I had settled to buy some kind of red convertible mustang, figured if i'm gonna be showy I may as well go all-out), and she's definitely grown on me.

Those Cobra Rs are too cool as well, I always buy one of those when i'm playing Gran Turismo.
I'm at work now but when I get home tonight I'll throw up some pictures of my Cobra next to my friends 2000 R. I got to drive it a short distance this past summer, frigging amazing Cobra's.

Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? 89491764_10219398450725291_2797677619997310976_o

my 2016 GT convertible 6 speed performance package (had to remove Whipple supercharger for warranty engine work (cam timing issues)). Bronco will replace it because of back issues.
That's very nice!

dont currently own a stang, but am on the look out for a terminator or a gt500, have owned a 70 mach 1, 2008 convertible, 80 capri (mustang body) and a 83 gt. Also through the years with my dad had 2 68 GT fastbacks, 65 fastback,2 66 convertibles, 72 convertible, 67 convertible, my dad still has a 64 1/2 convertible.Miss having a stang !
Many have had Terminators and switched to GT500's and have not been as happy. The Terminators are just raw and unrefined, cable throttle, cable clutch, barley any tech. If that's what you want its hard to beat but if you want more modern and refined the GT500 is the way to go. Depending on what year GT500 the Terminator's can handle more power before having to look into upgrading internals.

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many have had Terminators and switched to GT500's and have not been as happy. The Terminators are just raw and unrefined, cable throttle, cable clutch, barley any tech. If that's what you want its hard to beat but if you want more modern and refined the GT500 is the way to go. Depending on what year GT500 the Terminator's can handle more power before having to look into upgrading internals.
oh i hear ya, but i would be happy with either, finding either is the trick, they are either too pricey, mileage too high, beat on, or timing isn't right for me when i do find one. Gt500 would be a new edge model with the 662 horses if i were to get one. Also keeping my eye out for the newer gt350 with the flat plane

OP
OP
GRAYFOX-SVT

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
oh i hear ya, but i would be happy with either, finding either is the trick, they are either too pricey, mileage too high, beat on, or timing isn't right for me when i do find one. Gt500 would be a new edge model with the 662 horses if i were to get one. Also keeping my eye out for the newer gt350 with the flat plane

I almost went with a GT350 over my Terminator but my Bronco is going to be my modern vehicle with all the bells and whistles. Both the Terminator and GT500 can be a lot of fun

OP
OP
GRAYFOX-SVT

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got a little busy but here is my friend Mikes 2000R and my Terminator together this past summer. The car on the lift in the garage that's covered up is his 1 of 3 black coupe 2004 Saleen Cobra's
Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? image_50436865.JPG
Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? image_50739713.JPG
Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? image_50434049.JPG

Last edited:

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘ve got my ‘68 c code. I was going to sell it as part of the eventual Bronco down payment, but my wife wants to keep it. It replaced my ‘67 Cougar.

8B084396-2242-4DFA-B593-DC34FA9D7C44.jpeg

5646E394-7541-4FD9-BB9B-2CD9F6B18BDC.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
GRAYFOX-SVT

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I‘ve got my ‘68 c code. I was going to sell it as part of the eventual Bronco down payment, but my wife wants to keep it. It replaced my ‘67 Cougar.

Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? 5646E394-7541-4FD9-BB9B-2CD9F6B18BDC

Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? 5646E394-7541-4FD9-BB9B-2CD9F6B18BDC
That's beautiful

OP
OP
GRAYFOX-SVT

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
winter sucks
Ford Bronco Any other Mustang or Terminator Cobra Owners Here? image_50460673.JPG
Sponsored