Sponsored

Any parking sensors / aids parking sensors/aids other than rear view camera?

OP
OP
Lcubed

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah

It's just ford being cheap and not programming the sensors correctly

You don't need to worry about hitting things in the opposite direction you are traveling

My car only has rear sensors and they are not active when I'm not in reverse. Much better system.

There's no reasonable explanation for sensors warning me that a pedestrian is walking behind my car when I'm in drive, or warning me that someone decided to tailgate me too closely
You don't need to worry about the post you can't see over your hood that you might be about to turn into when you're backing up?

Or a wall? I get it might beep too much, but I'd rather have it beep than take my fender off.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the front & rear parking sensors on my f150 and think theyre pretty accurate and no issues or annoyances. I know in my wife’s grand cherokee, she can adjust the sensitivity through the uconnect screen. I also installed aftermarket front, and side view cameras under my mirrors. The extra cameras definitely help when offroading and in the city and parking with how high my truck sits. Originally got them for my petite wife to feel comfortable driving my truck but I like them enough that every vehicle I have moving forward will have 360 cameras.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that a front camera between the O and N on the grille? Is that part of the forward sensing system? Or is it part of the 360 degree camera?

Last edited:

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also the mid package comes with additional safety features - see below

Ford Bronco Any parking sensors / aids parking sensors/aids other than rear view camera? E1367B67-6C39-495B-A553-2F87B9BB7915

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You don't need to worry about the post you can't see over your hood that you might be about to turn into when you're backing up?

Or a wall? I get it might beep too much, but I'd rather have it beep than take my fender off.
Yeah and to be fair I drive cars where posts are pretty visible, a taller truck certainly could be a different situation

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base

It’s the boy that cried wolf. I have a Volt with front sensors that constantly go off in pretty much any parking space. How could one ever separate a ”real” alarm from false? Worthless and distracting.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless they've fixed it the ford parking sensors are annoying as heck

Front and rear sensors are both constantly active, so if you're backing out of a spot the front sensors will detect the cars next to you and beep

If a pedestrian walks too close to your bumper, the car will beep
If a car pulls up too close behind you, it'll beep

There's a slight tone difference between the front and rear sensors but it's not a good system.

The system should not have sensors active in the direction you aren't driving..... If you're in drive the back ones shouldn't beep. If you're in reverse the front shouldn't beep

That damn ford was a beep machine
Not sure what year vehicle you are referencing but the wife's '13 Flex and my '16 F150 have the sensors all the way around and work fine. No false alarms or constant beeps. The one thing they could have done better on the F150 is to have the rear sensors automatically disengage when the tail gate is down. That gets annoying but one quick button push and it turns it off.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure what year vehicle you are referencing but the wife's '13 Flex and my '16 F150 have the sensors all the way around and work fine. No false alarms or constant beeps. The one thing they could have done better on the F150 is to have the rear sensors automatically disengage when the tail gate is down. That gets annoying but one quick button push and it turns it off.
It was a 12 focus

Certainly possible they improved things since then
That car was a real nightmare
Sponsored