Sponsored

Any possibility of getting MSRP on the dealer lot?

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lucked into one on the dealer lot. There was a relatively small ADM which we negotiated down some and drove away in the Bronco an hour later.
In all transparency though, the Bronco arrived at the dealership and the broker who initially ordered it wasn’t allowed to purchase because they were a broker. The Bronco was on the lot for a couple hours when I happened upon it as I was driving by going some place else. There were 1-2 people who arrived on the lot while I was processing the paperwork who asked for the keys to it as well. We had to keep the keys on the salesman’s desk while we did the paperwork to avoid someone walking in and working a cash deal while I was doing paperwork.
Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO, only 10% of the Dealers are charging above MSRP. That means 90% of the Dealers are selling at MSRP, or below MSRP. Now, I think he’s embarrassing himself by showing how out of touch he is about the behavior of his own Dealers. The reality is that those percentages are flipped, with 90% of the Dealers charging above MSRP.

From a news article:

Roughly 10 percent of dealers have reportedly taken advantage of increasingly long wait times for popular Ford models by trying to charge above MSRP and "gouge" customers. Ford CEO Jim Farley knows who they are, and they will feel Ford's wrath in their future vehicle allocation deals with the automaker, which was made clear on Thursday's fourth-quarter 2021 earnings call. Farley also hinted at a new go-to-market strategy and customer experience for those who buy EVs that may be in development, which could try to circumvent gouging dealers.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

According to Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO, only 10% of the Dealers are charging above MSRP. That means 90% of the Dealers are selling at MSRP, or below MSRP. Now, I think he’s embarrassing himself by showing how out of touch he is about the behavior of his own Dealers. The reality is that those percentages are flipped, with 90% of the Dealers charging above MSRP.

From a news article:

Roughly 10 percent of dealers have reportedly taken advantage of increasingly long wait times for popular Ford models by trying to charge above MSRP and "gouge" customers. Ford CEO Jim Farley knows who they are, and they will feel Ford's wrath in their future vehicle allocation deals with the automaker, which was made clear on Thursday's fourth-quarter 2021 earnings call. Farley also hinted at a new go-to-market strategy and customer experience for those who buy EVs that may be in development, which could try to circumvent gouging dealers.
Old news and no follow through from Ford or you would see dealers disappear

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I stopped into a dealer a few months ago. They are located in the sticks.
They had an Area 51 BD and a silver BB coming in this month they said they would sell at MSRP.
Not really interested in a BB, and would have considered the BD if it were a different color.

Make a few calls and see what is out there. You never know what you will run into.

Sponsored

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with the folks here. I think it is possible with enough work and research and a lot of luck (or good connections) to find one at a dealer at MSRP without placing an order. Like the proverbial sasquatch, I have never seen one, but lots of people swear it exists.

Although I would think orders closing would drive prices up, I have started to see dealers with ADM markups down in the $5k to $7,500 range -- which isn't bad, all things considered. I know people paying over sticker for a Hyundai, so a little over is just "normal" in this market.

I still see dealers trying to get $25k over for First Edition models, but I also see them still sitting in the showroom.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every dealer I have contacted has been openly blatant about taking advantage of the consumer with a huge markup. The lowest I've seen so far was $10k, but the most common is $20k over sticker. Many are claiming that they're buying from other dealers so they have inventory. IMO that's not my problem and I won't be buying your stupidly marked up vehicle, I'm impatient not stupid.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with the folks here. I think it is possible with enough work and research and a lot of luck (or good connections) to find one at a dealer at MSRP without placing an order. Like the proverbial sasquatch, I have never seen one, but lots of people swear it exists.

Although I would think orders closing would drive prices up, I have started to see dealers with ADM markups down in the $5k to $7,500 range -- which isn't bad, all things considered. I know people paying over sticker for a Hyundai, so a little over is just "normal" in this market.

I still see dealers trying to get $25k over for First Edition models, but I also see them still sitting in the showroom.
I contacted a dealer recently because they were advertising a FE. They said it had between 2000-2500 miles on it, not out of the question for a FE. But it had also been modified by the owner. He put 37's on it, a gun safe, winch and a few other things...they wanted $115k...that's right $115,000!!!

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It seems like it would be helpful to those looking for dealers selling Broncos sitting on the lot for MRSP if there was a dedicated sticky thread where members can post that info when they come across it. @Administrator

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer stated that some of the reservations they get in people don't take and they sell them off of the lot. Slight mark up but they include a few accessories and window tint. They sell fast within a day though.

Sponsored

Ultralisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I walked into my dealer to ask about ordering one in February, and they told me they had some dealer stock slated to come in and I could reserve one of those if I wanted and that they would charge me MSRP. One of their builds looked just like what I was building myself (minus automatic 4 high). It should be built next week, so we're still in process, so fingers crossed. But if you are really lucky, it seems possible (being in a lower population area but having a moderately high volume dealer likely helps). I think the people where I am really want specific trims and weren't willing to budge to get something faster so none of them bit on the models that Ford was offering the dealership. And I get it, I need to keep reminding myself that "rational-me" had decided I only needed a Black Diamond and that a Badlands is more club than necessary and that I don't need to just order an Everglades because it is awesome.

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer is charging 15k ADM for the one they have on the lot. My guess is that most of the ADM's will go away within 6 months. Inflation and gas prices will force people to hold on to cars. There are already reports that used car dealers are seeing a significant slowdown.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer offered me a (green 4 door OB w/SAS w/LUX w/soft top, w/ cloth seats) for MSRP. Guy who ordered it couldn't get financed. Build was so far off what we ordered, we said no, and as soon as I said no, an employee's dad wrote a check for it. I have no idea if he got it for MSRP, but my dealer offers all of the ordered Broncos that people don't (or can't) accept, to current order holders first @MRSP, then it will go to the first person that pays up.

I think that is a very fair process and glad to be doing business with a dealer and salesperson that operates like this.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was quoted a $1000 markup for a Honda Accord. I’m like really?
Sponsored