Sponsored

Any Reason to Buy From One Ford Dealer Over Another?

vtcoins

Outer Banks
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everyone! I can not wait to get my Bronco!

I haven't bought a new car since 1996, so I don't know how this stuff works. I made a reservation on July 14th through one particular dealer There are other dealers in the area. A few questions:

1. Are these prices negotiable? I was thinking since there is such a high demand for these rigs, we all would have to pay full retail. My buddy who works at Subaru said that I could build my car on ford.com, get the build number, and call around to the other dealers to get a price.

2. Am I obligated to get my Bronco through the dealer that I put on my reservation?

3. Do you need to have all the financing in place before the dealer puts the order in?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I haven't bought a new car since 1996, so I don't know how this stuff works. I made a reservation on July 14th through one particular dealer There are other dealers in the area. A few questions:

1. Are these prices negotiable? I was thinking since there is such a high demand for these rigs, we all would have to pay full retail. My buddy who works at Subaru said that I could build my car on ford.com, get the build number, and call around to the other dealers to get a price.

2. Am I obligated to get my Bronco through the dealer that I put on my reservation?

3. Do you need to have all the financing in place before the dealer puts the order in?

Thanks for the help!
1) yes, you can contact dealers and see what deals they’re offering. Many here are getting percentage under MSRP or flat 1K-2K under invoice.
2) yes unless you switch dealers
3) No

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1. Depends on the dealership
2. No, you can switch twice
3. No

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talk to the dealer you have your reservation with and try to get in writing what they will charge you. If they won't do that, or if they can't give you as good a deal as another dealer, change dealers after finding one who will give you the best deal.

The best deal out there seems to be at least $1,000 under INVOICE.

The worst deal I've seen so far is $5,000 over STICKER.

That's like an $8000 swing.

Many of use are using Granger Ford out of Iowa. They are offering $1,000 under invoice. Whether this is a good deal or not depends on where you live and how much it will cost you to get your car from Iowa to home.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't pay anything over MSRP.

You didn't ask, but others unfamiliar with purchasing a new vehicle have; you do not have to purchase your Bronco at the same dealership you have it serviced.

While I'm sure there are others who are well regarded, Granger Ford in Granger, IA, Stephens Auto Center in Danville, WV, and Sewell Ford in Odessa, TX have been mentioned frequently as dealerships to consider.

Your travel or shipping expenses may be far less than what your local dealerships are offering. As previously mentioned, many are purchasing below invoice.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another "local" to me. Check out Brewster ford in NY (~ 3 hours from you as well) somewhere around INVOICE I think. Quite a few Northeast folks are going there. @Johnny Mo , is apparently the contact. Personally I'm taking a long car ride but it's going to be a vacation. Suggestion is to get your financing set up before you go and sign the P&S, if doing extended warranty then get that basically set up beforehand (there are a few posts about that and at least 1 dealer on here that offers a decent price - @NayNay can help there).

Absolutely check into all of these things before dropping your cash. It's a big number for this truck, even the base Base. Nobody here should order you to do whatever but they will, heck ALREADY HAVE, given some solid advice. Either way, you still have plenty of time to come up with your punch list of things to do in order to be prepared.

Enjoy the mud in your new truck (whenever it comes).

OP
OP

vtcoins

Outer Banks
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the help, everyone!

I just called two local dealers, and they have no idea what they can do.

Should I just wait until we can actually order it? One guy said he didn't think we could order it until March. I had thought we might be able to order it this month.

Why does this crap have to be so hard!?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Should I just wait until we can actually order it? One guy said he didn't think we could order it until March. I had thought we might be able to order it this month.

Rutland? Rutland, BC?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the help!
Use this spreadsheet for basic pricing from dealerships (they may have changed but at least it's a start). B6G Dealer Price Spreadsheet . Decide if $$ or convenience is more important to you. Then move from there.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Brewster deal expires on the 18th - the day before reservations can start being converted to orders.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordering starts next week and ENDS in March.

Personally I wouldn't deal with any dealership who doesn't know what's going on with the Bronco. Not that I blame them, I mean they are selling, what, 30 different Ford models? Tough to keep up with just those, and we want them to be up to speed on a vehicle not even out yet.
Sponsored